Antonov An-2 for FSX/P3D2 reviews
- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D (including v4)
- File size
- 1.2 GB
When it comes to aircraft from the 1950s, the differences between modern and classic models become apparent. The Antonov AN-2 is a very important part of its generation from the 50s, its particular and specific style ensuring it always stands out from the crowd. Uniquely versatile and deeply impressive, the AN-2 was capable of everything from carrying out crop dusting to dropping people off via parachute drops.
Its versatility made it a great choice for tough landings, too. Not an aircraft that needed a perfectly level landing or perfect weather, it’s durability ensured it always stood out. Thanks to the aged nature of the aircraft, too, a flight is relatively simple. It lacks the same skill-set required to fly most modern aircraft. Part of what ensured it was still built until 2001 was the fact it was so easy to fly. While the sheer volume of switches might feel daunting at first, pilots should find that the AN-2 is easy enough to pick up and master.
Now, FSX and P3D pilots can enjoy that strength and durability in their own simulation experience. It’s a very impressive bi-plane, designed to closely resemble the real pros and cons of the original aircraft.
This recreation of the aircraft does all it can to match that simplicity into an FSX/P3D ready model. Designed with high-level detail in the textures and the model, too, the AN-2 now feels much closer to the real thing. There’s a lot of small features included, from the rich sound set to the impressive physics.
Everything about this release can help to deliver a truly authentic take on the Antonov AN-2. While it might be a touch dated today, it’s a relic of a previous era of aviation. For that reason, flight lovers will find it a captivating challenge.
- A unique and impressive level of detail has gone into the model. Impressive modeling allows for high-quality textures to match an in-scale model.
- Animations are up to the standard expected of FSX: SE and P3D v4-era models. This allows for the aircraft to blend in with the modern standards.
- FPS-friendly design ensures that the quality involved in the model never limits performance or capability in any great measurement.
- Service windows included with the special tools needed for managing operations when on the ground.
- Everything from the inertia starter to the electrical circuitry works perfectly. Specific modules are correctly included to help circumvent P3D limitations compared to FSX.
- Axis and Key modes both included for easier, simpler management of braking systems, optimized for a realistic yet rewarding challenge.
- Virtual cockpit included with a full range of labels in international languages and even Cyrillic.
- Flight dynamics, model size, performance meters, and capabilities all perfectly captured. Tested by real AN-2 pilots to ensure that flights feel as realistic as they can.
- A physically correct tail wheel is included. This helps to make the aircraft handle naturally in the skies, giving it the same challenges and rewards of the real AN-2.
Rated 5.0/5.0 based on 2 customer reviews
A difficult airplane to learn to fly it because of its large number of controls, markers and cabin switches, but once in the air, it is very docile and maneuverable. It gives pleasure to fly it. Take off and land on very short tracks. Very nice model. I use it in FS2004 and FSX.
Very nice airplane, it's Fly like reality. Wonderfull.