- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D (all versions including v4)
- File size
- 455 MB
When an aircraft wins the moniker of ‘The Flying Jeep’, there is a good reason for such a lofty accolade. The Stinson L-5 Sentinel, alongside the L-1 Vigilant, was purposefully built for use in the Second World War.
Competing against often civilian-crafted aircraft drafted for warfare, for a long time, the (mostly) Perspex L-5 Sentinel became a prominent choice for pilots during the war.
The large door windows afforded a greater line of sight than many other options. The variable nature of the aircraft paired with numerous space for munitions and cargo ensured it served numerous purposes within the military, too.
Nimble but never lacking in power, it was a well-respected aircraft that served from the Second World War through to the conflict in Vietnam.
While once a weapon of war and a major instrument in victory, today the Stinson L-5 Sentinel is a private-use aircraft. however, those who own one of these aircraft have access to a cost-effective warplane that really did make a huge difference in the Second World War.
Easy to fly and perfect for sporting competition, the Sentinel still serves a useful purpose today out of standard usage.
In this add-on, users will enjoy access to a faithful recreation of the Sentinel. Within that add-on comes a series of new liveries, all built to follow realistic designs once worn by the Sentinel.
The aircraft was built using real-life factory plans and engineering drawings, allowing for this to be as close to the aircraft as is possible.
For those who wish to take on a Stinson L-5 Sentinel and make sure that it feels as realistic as possible, this is an easy way to do so.
- Recreated using real plans and factory drawings of the Stinson L-5 Sentinel, ensuring it’s as accurate as FSX/P3D will allow.
- Impressive attention to detail on every last fabric style included and bolt put in place to ensure the aircraft feels as realistic as possible.
- A fully animated and modeled pilot sits in the cockpit of the aircraft, ensuring that you can see both a pilot and observer making sure the aircraft feels alive.
- Movable engine cover allows for access to the Lycoming engine which sits within the Stinson.
- The fully operational interior comes with working controls, fittings and operations.
- Weather covers and pre-flights also included.
- An authentic take on the cockpit of the WWII-era Stinson aircraft, including the infamous ‘shake’’ on the airframe during engine start-up and idling, including needle trembling.
- Prop stutter engine start-up effect included, as well as Cold/Dark start-up functions for those who choose to do so.
- Fully operational controls in the cockpit for rear observation, as well as all visible wires and pulley systems, being visible.
- A fully working era-specific radio suite, adding extra detail and realism to the cockpit.
- Various new animations throughout the aircraft, including new doors and windows which are fully animated. New animated aileron droops included, too.
- Highly impressive, true to detail textures created in high definition to allow for more wear and tear, creating a more realistic looking aircraft.
- Immersive flight dynamics created with the use of flight data and contemporary pilot records to create a more realistic Stinson L-5 Sentinel.
- A useful and effective manual for learning about how to fly the Stinson L-5 Sentinel, with flying notes included and illustrated color guides.
- Seven new liveries, including the 'Dangerous Liaison'. Serial No. 4268591.
- US Coast Guard OY-1. Serial No. 98168.
- US Marines VMO6. Serial No. 03968 'WB'.
- Swiss Air Force A-96.
- US Army machine - Serial No. 42 98989. Invasion stripes included.
- KJ420 of the Malaya Command Flight, 1945.
- The United States Air Force 1962 model. Serial No. 4298633.
- Also, a fully usable pain kit is provided for those who wish to create their own liveries for the Sentinel.