Skiathos Scenery for P3D
When it comes to visiting Greece, many people take to the likes of Athens or Piraeus. However, a trip to more rural parts of Greece can often be just as - if not more - rewarding. For example, a trip to the beautiful Northern Sporades of Greece can be truly mesmerizing. This package for P3D v 3.4 and v4 by Aerosoft delivers a recreation of Skiathos far beyond what the default simulation is capable of. Read more...
- Prepar3D v4.5 or v5
- File size
- 800 MB
This rich recreation takes this unique part of Greece, covering it in the trees which are so apparent in real-life. Once a barren, empty-looking creation, this take helps to make sure it's now much more like the real thing. Thanks to the stunning, tree-covered landscape of this part of Greece, you can enjoy a truly mesmeric flying experience. Flying over here to the local airport gives you a chance to take a trip to a small, remote island that's immeasurably beautiful.
Being just 1,628m long, causing larger aircraft to take low-approach arrivals. This makes sure that a trip out to Skiathos can be as challenging as it can be enjoyable. Not only will this likely vastly improve on the enjoyment of your trip, but it will also ensure it's a rewarding flight for you. This tightly knitted community is a fun experience for aviation fans looking to see something new in P3D.
This take on the island utilizes over 250,000 new and improved custom-made, hand-placed objects. With over 100km2 of high-resolution, satellite-driven imagery of 0.3-0.5m/pixel, you can enjoy the hugely improved attention to detail across the island.
The overall life and atmosphere of the island are improved, too; seagulls swan over the island, complete with impressive and detailed sound effects. With impressive detail throughout, visitors to Skiathos can now enjoy a much more authentic, representative take on the island.
In Version 1.5, users can enjoy:
- Over 50 new building types, all based on real-world inclusions.
- Simple and complex vegetation for those with lower-end hardware.
- New lighting effects for P3D v4 users.
- Animated people moving around the island.
- P3D SDK compliance for easy editing and exporting, as well as a combination with the 29Plams Scenery Configurator for easier control.
- 2048 x 2048 quality textures used at both day and night for the most realistic take possible.
- Complex terrain meshing allows for the most impressive imagery possible.
- 250,000 new objects placed across the island for the most realistic look possible.
- Realistic vegetation all designed in 3D for the most impressive look and immersive shape possible.
- Sound effects and minor static objects help to add extra life, vibrancy, and atmosphere to Skiathos.
- New easy to control configuration solutions for choosing what features you would like to make use of.
- Massive changes to the Alexandros Papadiamantis Airport to make sure it's more authentic.
- New shadow work across the island uses texture baking for a more realistic look.
- 3D night lighting ensures users can see where they are going, including new Dynamic Lighting.
- Highly detailed charts in PDF format included for easy management and browsing.
- Fully compatible with all add-ons listed in the scenery documents.
Aerosoft has been in the flight sim business since 1991 - true veterans of flight simulation software and providing add-ons for flight simulator users and virtual pilots.
Based in Germany, they have a true appreciation of attention to detail in flight sim quality. They have published many hit titles in the flight sim world over the years and they are known globally in the flight sim community.
Aerosoft publishes many titles from smaller flight sim names bringing their add-ons and creations to fruition and putting them in front of the masses.
Aerosoft is always at the forefront of the latest flight simulator technology and their customer after-sale support is second to none.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.