A330 Professional for P3D1 reviews
The A330 is the bigger brother of the ubiquitous A320 series. Designed for long-distance (or short-haul large capacity) flights it is a common site on most airports. Even though it is not the most modern aircraft, it still has all the characteristics of its smaller siblings. Read more...
- Prepar3D v4.5+ & v5
- File size
- 2.4 GB
They are highly integrated and automated aircraft where the pilot is often just monitoring the complex systems. The Aerosoft A330 professional is a logical follow-up of our A320 series but you will find many systems are redone to a higher level of detail. The modeling and texturing are state of the art.
What remains is our dedication to the basic idea of the product. We simulate flying the aircraft and the aircraft's systems are just a tool, not the goal. Using these products will bring flight simulation as close as possible to the experience of a real pilot - from interacting with the MCDU to opening the flight deck door using the correct procedure.
The project is a development for 64-bit platforms and uses the very latest of technology and compilers making it highly future proof and as light as possible on your system.
- Simulation of the A330 focused on the day to day operation of the aircraft from the left seat
- The cockpit is equipped as it is with large airlines, with the most up to date instruments
- Sublime modeling/texturing based on the latest technologies, very easy on framerates
- Full rain and rain repellent effects using TrueGlass (from TFDi Design)
- Dozens of non-standard animations, all with sound effects (sunscreens, windows, tables, tiller, jump seat, standby compass, drooping flight surfaces, etc.). All main doors and cargo hatches can be opened. Extensive options to show ground objects (cones, ground power, etc.) and to provide ground power
- Included web server that allows you to access (and use) the MCDU via any web browser; ideal for tablet computers
- Includes an Electronic Flight Bag that gives access to flows, checklists, flight plans, documents, and charts. You will see the aircraft on the chart making navigation a lot easier
- Extensive manuals
- Add-in View system: adds many pre-defined views for easy use, emulates 2D panel views
- Add-in Sound system: adds hundreds of background sounds to enhance the immersion
- Includes our Semi-Intelligent co-pilot that assist you in your flights and runs checklists and flows with you
- Connected Flight Deck v2 that uses a server-based system making it very easy to join other pilots and to fly as Co-Pilot or Observer
- Designed from the start with PBR technology for ALL textures
- Fully custom Fly-by-Wire systems with flight envelope protection, stall protection, pitch and roll limiter, g-load limiter, over speed protection, Alpha Floor protection, auto trim
- Fully custom autopilot systems, with full Cat III auto land, V/S, Managed CLB/DES, OP CLB/DES, heading and NAV modes; VNAV and LNAV included; FPA/TRK included
- Fully custom thrust computer systems (FADEC), throttle with detents, FLEX take-off
- Very complete MCDU (can be controlled via a web browser, for example on tablet computers), also, information can be inserted using the keyboard
- Flight plans support SIDs, STARs, transitions, approaches, go-arounds, holds, Managed climbs and descent, constraints, and direct-to route editing
- VOR tracking implemented, DME arcs supported
- It comes with NavDataPro (LIDO) navigation database but compatible with Navigraph. Includes current AIRAC Data at the time of release (so not a free outdated version) and this can be updated by the user at any moment
- Complete FS2Crew Runway Awareness and Advisory System included (a €30 value!) - locked to these aircraft
- 28 ECAM pages included, showing relevant aircraft information
- Full features ADIR`s system
- Full feature TCAS system (including audio warnings) for AI Traffic, IVAO, VATSIM
- A full custom electrical bus system, with realistic battery run down and voltages
- Navigation display with curved lines, de-cluttering, stopwatch, selected navaid, runway information, range change, mode change, stopwatch etc. Includes Terrain Display option
- Full-featured loading and refueling module (interfaced with the simulator) with advanced and simple mode
- In cockpit printer functional to print out the information you need to keep on hand
- Fully functional Weather Radar with Manual and Multiscan. Works with ANY weather add-on (and even without weather add-on) and reads the actual weather that is inserted in the simulator. This is a unique development! It even shows ground clutter making the WX a navigation tool
- Tiller can be operated by an additional axis.
- Advanced brakes with realistic brake temperatures (modeling Goodrich Carbon brakes)
- Engine models fully updated, highly accurate thrust, EPR, N1, N2, EGT, FF
- Various background sounds from cabin crew, flight crew and ATC (optional)
- View panel bar to easily switch between various 2D (11) and 3D views (16)
- Contains in total 16 Checklists from COCKPIT PREPARATION to PARKING
- Checklists mainly start automatic based on the flight situation p. e. the BEFORE TAKE CL automatically starts when the plane reaches the runway holding point, DESCENT PREPARATION CL 9 NM from TOD, etc
- Orally spoken checklist items by the PF and confirmed by the PnF
- Option included that the PnF also performs certain settings (gear up, flaps settings, etc.) which are part of the checklists
- Info bar displaying the next action
- Ground services (toggle of external objects, chocks, pylons, ground power unit)
- Doors control (controls all doors and hatches)
- Tier 1 product for PMDG Global Flight Operations
- 1 SAT antenna normal door:
- DRAGON AIR B-LAB
- EDELWEIS HB-JHQ
- LION PK-LEF
- VIRGIN ATLANTIC G-VKSS
- CORSAIR F-HSKY
- 1 SAT antenna small door:
- AIR_CANADA C-GFAF
- CATHAY PACIFIC B-LBJ
- EUROWINGS O-OSFB
- SAUDIA HZ-AQI
- SINGAPORE AIRLINES 9V-SSB
- 2 SAT antennas small door:
- LUFTHANSA D-AIKO
- SWISS HB-JHK
- AIRBUS HOUSECOLOR
Aerosoft has been in the flight sim business since 1991 - true veterans of flight simulation software and providing add-ons for flight simulator users and virtual pilots.
Based in Germany, they have a true appreciation of attention to detail in flight sim quality. They have published many hit titles in the flight sim world over the years and they are known globally in the flight sim community.
Aerosoft publishes many titles from smaller flight sim names bringing their add-ons and creations to fruition and putting them in front of the masses.
Aerosoft is always at the forefront of the latest flight simulator technology and their customer after-sale support is second to none.
Rated 5.0/5.0 based on 1 customer reviews
5/5 Verified Purchase
Nice add-on, nice performance, and a lot of fun!
Pros: +Amazing performance +Low price +Fantastic simulation of cockpit (crew, voices, printer, and systems) +checklist and copilot
Cons: -No pax cabin -Sounds -Flight model isn't perfect -Only one type of engines -Aerosoft isn't planing to create other variants for p3d
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.