Mosquito for FSX/FS2004
This highly detailed add-on for Microsoft Flight Simulator X and FS2004, brought to us by Just Flight, is a wonderful representation of the British multi-role combat aircraft, the De Havilland Mosquito. Nicknamed 'The Wooden Wonder', as it was made almost entirely from wood, the Mosquito was incredibly fast and manoeuvrable, but maintained a heavy payload. This add-on has been put together as a lasting tribute to this great aircraft, and the effort has gone in to ensure that the characteristics of this aircraft are crystal clear to you as the Simmer. Read more...
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X & 2004
- File size
- 78.2 MB
- Just Flight
Included in this package are three variants of this amazing aircraft, the B. Mk IV, the FB. Mk VI and the formidable FB. Mk XVIII 'Tsetse'. There are also a total of four detailed liveries depicting iconic squads, two of which are for the FB. Mk VI. On top of that, a full paint kit is included, so you wont feel limited by historically accurate liveries when you can make your own.
Each of the four models are coupled with lots of unique animations and accurate textures, as well as the distinctive sound of the the Rolls-Royce Merlin engines. So they look and sound like the real deal and will make a great addition to your Flight Sim collection. They are all finely detailed and have proper movement for parts such as flaps, rudder, radiator shutters and bomb doors. The bomber even has a working bomb-sight, arming switches and a bomb trigger, which goes alongside some of the more novel effects like the dropping of ordnance, smoke and the firing of the FB. Mk XVIII's under-slung flak gun. Painstaking detail can be seen in areas like the landing gear, even down to the brake lines and hydraulic actuators, and the emergency axe that hangs on the fuselage wall in the Tsetse.
For a fuller immersive experience, the cockpits are all equipped with the latest 'smooth' gauges and almost everything, from switches and buttons to control levers, can be operated with the mouse. No expense has been spared making sure everything is legitimate, down to the smallest details like the panel bolts, brackets and they even threw in the sliding windows.
Mosquito is fully licensed by the Royal Air Force and has been developed to the very highest standards by the vintage aircraft experts at Aeroplane Heaven as a lasting tribute to this amazing aircraft.
Mosquito includes three classic Mosquito variants - the B. Mk IV, the FB. Mk VI and the frightening FB Mk XVIII Tsetse with its underslung flak gun.
Built from wood and powered by two Rolls-Royce Merlins, the Mosquito was a formidable aircraft with the speed of a fighter, the manoeuvrability of a racer and the payload of a bomber.
- The high-quality models are accompanied by many unique animations and superb textures covering a range of aircraft along with the distinctive sound of the Rolls-Royce Merlin engines.
- The cockpits are equipped with the latest 'smooth' gauges for more realism and just about every switch, button and control lever operates with the mouse - even the crew doors open with the lever! Everything is historically and technically authentic right down to the panel bolts and brackets.
- In the bomber version, the 'bomb room' is equipped with a working bombsight, arming switches and bomb trigger. Even the emergency axe hangs on the fuselage wall!
- The exterior models are finely detailed with correct movement for the flaps, radiator shutters, rudder and elevator trim tabs, bomb doors and more. The landing gear is highly detailed down to brake lines and hydraulic actuators.
- Many novel effects are featured, including dropping of ordnance, smoke and firing guns.
There are three detailed Mosquito variants with four liveries included in this package.
Mosquito B. Mk IV - 'GB-G' DK296 105 Squadron, No. 2 Group, mid-1942. This is the aircraft which led the famous attack on the Gestapo headquarters in Oslo, Norway on the 25th September 1942.
Mosquito FB. Mk VI - 'NE-A' HR 405 of 143 Squadron RNFAA, flown by Flg Officers A V Randell and R R Rawlins, Banff Strike Wing.
Mosquito FB. Mk VI - 'TS-B' MM404 of 464 Squadron RAAF, flown by Sqn Ldr Ian McRitchie and Flt Lt R W "Sammy" Sampson 18th February 1944. This aircraft was involved in the famous Amiens Prison raid. Hit by flak, McRitchie, badly wounded crash landed TS-B and survived as a POW. Sampson did not survive.
Mosquito FB. Mk XVIII 'Tsetse' - 'O' NT225 of 248 Squadron RAF 1945 the ground attack and anti-shipping fighter-bomber developed from FB Mk VI. A Molins 6-pounder 57mm cannon firing 25 rounds carried and 4 x .303 machine guns made up the armament.
Also included on the DVD-ROM are two upgrade packs that can be purchased and installed to add additional aircraft and liveries to this main package.
Each model is faithfully reproduced and contains amazingly detailed animated features. The cockpits are equipped with the latest 'smooth' gauges for more realism and just about every switch, button and control lever operates with the mouse - even the crew doors open with the lever! Everything is historically and technically authentic right down to the panel bolts and brackets.
In the bomber versions, the 'bomb room' is equipped with a working bomb sight, bomb-arming switches and bomb trigger. Even the emergency axe hangs on the fuselage wall!
The exterior models are finely detailed, with correct movement for the flaps, radiator shutters, rudder and elevator trim tabs, bomb doors and more. The landing gear is detailed down to the brake lines and hydraulic actuators.
In this package we have provided a good spread of aeroplanes with known histories. For the more adventurous, there is a full paint kit included so you can to finish your Mosquito variant in the scheme of your choice.
- Sliding windows
- Opening crew doors (operated with the mouse in the cockpit)
- Operating clear-view quarter lights
- All switches and controls in cockpit, including weapons bay door control and bomb jettison are operable
- Working armour plate headrests, map table, shutter door controls, and all flight controls realistically animated
- All radios are faithfully reproduced and a working ADF loop system is also included for those versions equipped with the system
- Fully-featured and functional instrument panels.
- The Bomb Aimer's station is fully equipped with bomb-arming switches and bomb release
- 'Working' F24 Camera in PR (Photo Reconnaissance)
- Fully animated, realistic 'blinking' pilot
- The airframe has correct flap operation, rudder and elevator trim tabs and the correct gear retraction sequence
- Bomb doors open to reveal accurately modelled bomb loads and fuel tank systems
- Authentic texture schemes for all aircraft.
High quality sound set
- Authentic sounds for the Rolls Royce Merlin
Many novel effects will be included, such as the dropping of ordnance, smoke effects and more. Please note that a dropped weapon will not 'destroy' any objects, as the Mosquito is hosted in Flight Simulator 2004 which does not have this function.
About Just Flight
Based in the United Kingdom, Just Flight, owned by Mastertronic Group has been in the simulation business since the early days of FS2000. Developing in-house creations and publishing flight sim add-ons from third-party developers for various platforms including MSFS, X-Plane, and Prepar3D.
Their latest focus has been on the next-gen platforms including P3Dv5 and Microsoft's latest flight simulator, MSFS (2020) release.
Trusted by thousands of flight simmers worldwide, Just Flight is a household name in flight simulation.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.