049 Constellation: Captain of the Ship for FSX/P3D
As one of the most well-respected piston engine airliners of its time, or any time, the 049 Constellation - or "The Connie" - played a major role in modern aviation developments. The Lockheed Constellation might not be the most powerful aircraft, nor was it the easiest to fly. For those who could get to grips with its quirky style, though, the Connie was very much an aircraft to enjoy flying. Read more...
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X including Steam Edition and Prepar3D v2, v3, v4, v5
- File size
- 280 MB for FSX / 580 MB for Prepar3D
- A2A Simulations
This add-on makes sure that users can now fully appreciate the kind of aircraft that this is. It's an aircraft that served many roles and was, for a time, a unique pioneer within aviation. Today, it's not likely to be seen as an aircraft too many will ever get the chance to try out in person. Now, though, you can see for yourself in full detail why this was once the go-to aircraft of the rich and the famous.
For the time, it was among the most powerful and respected aircraft in the world. A record-breaker and a trailblazer, the Connie set about changing the world of commercial aviation forever. Across a five-decade-long spell, it was among the most popular aircraft in the world. However, it was eventually eclipsed by more modern and impressionable aircraft, with the likes of the Douglas DC-8 bringing about an end to the piston jet airliner industry.
For many, though, Connie still stands out as one of the most respected and impressive developments of the era. You can now see, in immense detail, just what being on charge of the Lockheed Constellation would have felt like.
- Bring to life a fully impressive take on the famous Connie with the help of this immersive model, delivering attention to detail on the interior and exterior.
- Enjoy working with a four-man crew, with each member of the crew fully modeled and in position for their respective working space within the aircraft.
- Get intelligent responses from passengers and crew, making it much easier to stay in control of the flight and make the right decisions as you fly.
- Deal with unexpected risks and problems as you fly along, creating a challenging but enjoyable flight experience that sees you deal with emergency issues.
- A new and improved fuel delivery system ensures you can get the job done whilst ensuring that your mixtures can be automated.
- New cockpit gauges and features will allow for the whole of the cockpit to feel much more immersive and realistic than it would have previously.
- Impressive attention to detail on new changes such as inertia starters, feathering props, and air start: all classic features for a classic aircraft.
- Major changes to flight stability ensure that you can fly an aircraft that is challenging to pitch, requiring constant maintenance and attention as you fly.
- Take on the career of a pilot with the new and improved Captain's Career mode, where performances are noted and you will be rated on your ability.
- Simple and easy real-time loading of the aircraft, making sure you can load in passengers, cargo, and fuel with a simple click.
- Make use of the new and improved navigator's map, making it easy for you to fly around the world using the zoomable map and a historical form of autopilot.
- New and improved cockpit lighting to make sure that you could see where you were going even when flying during the dead of night.
- Make use of newly added dual speed superchargers - a must-use for anyone looking to really feel the difference in flying with a classic aircraft.
- Fresh new slip and ball codes from the Accu-Sim T6 aircraft create much smoother flight physics and dynamics.
- Fly under real-world conditions which will have an impact on all of your system conditions, with all 3D instruments reacting to the events around you.
- A fully accessible cockpit complete with many new features which you can click on and activate with ease.
- A new GPU system to help power the systems on/off with ease.
- 3 unique liveries included helping cover major moments in time for the Connie, including a C-69 cargo paint.
- Fresh new real-life scenarios such as weather, temperature, and even spark plug clogging will make sure you need to fly with greater attention to detail than before.
- Experience fresh new asymmetrical drag unique to the aircraft when operating the various flap systems during a flight.
You can view the aircraft manual here.
About A2A SimulationsView all products/add-ons by A2A Simulations.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.