Lockheed P2V-7 Neptune for FSX/P3D
Lockheed's P-2V Neptune was a Cold War maritime patrol aircraft that was involved in many surveillance operations during the 1950s and 1960s. The details of these exploits are still not entirely public. Read more...
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D v3, v4, v5
- File size
- 160 MB
These missions could be extremely dangerous, the Soviet Air Force is given tacit approval to shoot down the Neptunes on sight without paying too much heed to whether or not the plane was actually in international air space.
The most famous Neptune was a P2V-1, the "Truculent Turtle", which flew non-stop without refueling from Perth, Australia, to Columbus, Ohio, a distance of 11,235 miles. This type, P2V-7, was first flown in 1954. In 1962 it was re-designated as the SP-2H, OP-2E, or AP-2H.
The Neptune served until the mid-1970s when it was replaced by the P-3 Orion.
This model is a 2020 remastered version of the original 2006 package.
- VP-1, Cam Ranh Bay, Vietnam, 1968
- VP-18, Roosevelt Roads, 1962
- French Aeronavale, Flotille 25F, 1983
- Netherlands, No. 320 Squadron, 1986
- RAAF, No. 10 Squadron, 1967
- Fire Bomber, 'White 55'
- Fire Bomber, 'Black 48'
- Both pilot's and copilot's panels' gauges present and working
- Togglable Observer crew figure in the nose area
- Jet pod smoke trail effect on i-key
- Detailed 2D panel with mousable XML-type gauges and animated Yoke (togglable)
- Highly authentic performance, procedures checklist provided
- Pop-up panels for GPS, radios, starters/autopilot, and lights
- Realistic custom sound pack
- Authentic virtual cockpit with animations and mousable gauges/switches
- Animated crew escape hatches
- Animated bomb bay, revealing torpedoes
- Animated jet intake flaps
- Animated cowl flaps
- Animated spoilers
- 3 realistic crew figures, animated pilot's head
- Authentic undercarriage structure and animations
- Working landing lights (searchlight on wingtip), taxi, nav and beacons
- Two new Fire Bomber versions.
- New cockpit toggle switches with click sounds (sounds in P3D only).
- Constructed gauge housings with many new, sharper gauges.
- Better VC window glass.
- Switchable cabin light added.
- Custom 3-port startup smoke.
- Animated landing lights.
- Animated armrests.
- New engine sounds.
- Animated windshield wipers.
- Autopilot controls now on the pilot's panel.
- VR - tested and ready.
- Texture-baked undercarriage.
- Old 'angular' window frames smoothed out.
- Remodelled & re-textured seats, ctrl. columns, glare shield.
- New prop textures.
- Togglable crew with subtle periodic animations.
- Togglable underwing aerial rockets (use tailhook command).
- Better VC gauge night lighting.
- Full exterior model now included in VC.
Note: no 2D panel is provided, however, there are several 2D pop-ups (shift-2, etc).
Founded in 1999 by Phil Perrott and originally named Alphasim who developed freeware aircraft for FS2004/FSX. Now rebranded as Virtavia who now publish payware add-ons for Microsoft Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D based on the old heavily modified Alphasim stock.
Virtavia has a focus on military aircraft add-ons compatible with FSX, Prepar3D, and X-Plane. Focusing on historic and modern military aircraft, their add-ons have been well received by flight sim pilots and rated highly.
SimShack stock the entire range of Virtavia add-ons and continue to list any new versions or releases announced by Virtavia.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.