- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D
- File size
- 73 MB
The Widgeon was originally designed for the civil market. It is smaller but otherwise similar to Grumman's earlier G-21 Goose, and was produced from 1941 to 1955. The aircraft was used during World War II as a small patrol and utility machine by the United States Navy, US Coast Guard and by the Royal Navy's Fleet Air Arm.
The first prototype flew in 1940, and the first production aircraft went to the United States Navy as an anti-submarine aircraft. In total, 276 were built by Grumman, including 176 for the military. During World War II, they served with the US Navy, Coast Guard, Civil Air Patrol and Army Air Force, as well as with the British Royal Navy, who gave it the service name Gosling.
Almost all parts animated throughout the interior model. With custom coding we have accurate systems down to the smallest details. We have included Flysimware's GNS 530. Includes a popup windows for a service hangar, aircraft options, startup procedures and a live payload manager. This is Flysimware's first model that was developed with 3DS MAX giving you full AO effects on all 3D parts. Flysimware keeps improving the quality and overall systems for each project.
To learn more about our model please visit our main website product page for the latest manuals and tutorial videos.
- Real World operational with high quality specs
- 100% shareable cockpit
- Exterior textures 4096 X 4096
- HD textures / World Reflections / Specular effects / AO effects
- Self shadowing effects for interior model (DX10 only)
- Custom coding for real World gauges and animations
- GTX330 TRANSPONDER / FLYSIMWARE GNS 530
- High quality animated pilots with optional settings
- Aircraft option panel allows you to change aircraft modes and pilots
- Service hangar to repair engines or failures
- Live payload manager
- Shockwave lights
- Custom windshield rain effects
- Default Sound Set
- Custom sound module for environment and interior sounds
- Grumman G-44A Widgean
PAINT THEMES :
- U.S. Navy V202 - Military
- U.S. Coast Guard V203 - Military
- U.S. Rescue - Military
- Italian Navy N141R - Military
- N24475 - Civilian
Rated 2.0/5.0 based on 1 customer reviews
2/5 Verified Purchase
Very nicely rendered but exceedingly difficult to fly. Unstable elevator trim, no working aileron trim, unstable yaw trim. Very little yaw control when on water. Most Widgeons flying today have some autopilot and are "Super" Widgeons with 270 hp (201 kW) Avco Lycoming GO-480-B1D flat-six piston engines and variable pitch props replacing the 200 hp (150 kW) Ranger L-440-5 air-cooled inverted six-cylinder inline engine with fixed pitch props. No 2D panel. Although the yaw and pitch trim can be seen in a new view, control of them using the keyboard is erratic.