Electra Model 10A for FSX/P3D1 reviews
- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D
- File size
- 318 MB
A popular choice amongst the rich and famous, the Electra was Lockheed's first twin-engined, all-metal design, taking its maiden flight in 1934. A highly modified Model 10E was made famous by Amelia Earhart, who tragically disappeared during a round-the-world record attempt. Highly evocative of the 30s and 40s, the Electra appeared in many movies, carrying Humphrey Bogart to some distant Pacific island or battling valiantly after being pressed into military service during WWII. All this nostalgia is ready-built into this new Lockheed Electra Model 10A for Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
Special texture techniques have been employed to enhance the nostalgic theme of this aircraft, bringing to life the metal-skinning and riveted assemblies of this iconic airframe.
Thirteen authentic liveries, including the paint scheme featured in the classic film ‘Casablanca’, evoke the glamour and excitement of 1930s aviation and a Pro quality paintkit is available so you can add your own historic or fictional schemes.
The full-bodied sound pack really brings the Electra alive and the large super-detailed radials roar into life with vibrating exhausts and plenty of smoke!
- Built over the most accurate plans available
- Authentic animations include realistic flap and aileron operation, gear retraction and opening passenger door and boarding steps
- Art deco interior visible on the exterior model
- Animated and skinned pilots react to throttle and flight control movements
- Rivets, dents and modelled panel mismatches bring out the subtle nuances of the art deco style construction and finish
- Detailed radial engines with vibrating exhausts
- Two distinct models with metallic or matte finishes
- Authentic radial sound pack
- High fidelity interior virtual cockpit with many unique animations and functions
- All instrumentation, switches and controls are modelled in 3D
- 13 authentic liveries
- Easy-to-use Pro quality paintkit (201MB) available
- Easy-to-use Collins-based radio stack
- All metal finish (no decals/markings)
- Mid-Continental Airlines
- Romanian transport
- Spanish transport
- Aeroput Airlines
- Chicago & Southern Airlines
- Wisconsin Central Airlines
- Northwest Airlines
- Braniff Airways
- Union Airways
- Trans-Canadian Airlines
- Linea Aerea Nacional
- Paint scheme featured in the classic film ‘Casablanca’
Rated 5.0/5.0 based on 1 customer reviews
5/5 Verified Purchase
Just purchased the Electra Model 10A for FSX/P3D and I really enjoy it. It has a good feel to it, looks great and flies perfectly. I'm glad I got it. I like the old historic planes and I am glad there are people out there that are interested and dedicated to fashioning good aircraft. THANKS GUYS keep up the good work. As is obvious, this is my first review.