Electra Model 10A for FSX/P3D2 reviews
A popular choice amongst the rich and famous, the Electra was Lockheed's first twin-engined, all-metal design, taking its maiden flight in 1934. A highly modified Model 10E was made famous by Amelia Earhart, who tragically disappeared during a round-the-world record attempt. Highly evocative of the 30s and 40s, the Electra appeared in many movies, carrying Humphrey Bogart to some distant Pacific island or battling valiantly after being pressed into military service during WWII. All this nostalgia is ready-built into this new Lockheed Electra Model 10A for Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D. Special texture techniques have been employed to enhance the nostalgic theme of this aircraft, bringing to life the metal-skinning and riveted assemblies of this iconic airframe. Thirteen authentic liveries, including the paint scheme featured in the classic film ‘Casablanca’, evoke the glamour and excitement of 1930s aviation and a Pro quality paintkit is available so you can add your own historic or fictional schemes. The full-bodied sound pack really brings the Electra alive and the large super-detailed radials roar into life with vibrating exhausts and plenty of smoke! Read more...
- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D
- File size
- 318 MB
- Just Flight
- Built over the most accurate plans available
- Authentic animations include realistic flap and aileron operation, gear retraction and opening passenger door and boarding steps
- Art deco interior visible on the exterior model
- Animated and skinned pilots react to throttle and flight control movements
- Rivets, dents and modelled panel mismatches bring out the subtle nuances of the art deco style construction and finish
- Detailed radial engines with vibrating exhausts
- Two distinct models with metallic or matte finishes
- Authentic radial sound pack
- High fidelity interior virtual cockpit with many unique animations and functions
- All instrumentation, switches and controls are modelled in 3D
- 13 authentic liveries
- Easy-to-use Pro quality paintkit (201MB) available
- Easy-to-use Collins-based radio stack
- All metal finish (no decals/markings)
- Mid-Continental Airlines
- Romanian transport
- Spanish transport
- Aeroput Airlines
- Chicago & Southern Airlines
- Wisconsin Central Airlines
- Northwest Airlines
- Braniff Airways
- Union Airways
- Trans-Canadian Airlines
- Linea Aerea Nacional
- Paint scheme featured in the classic film ‘Casablanca’
About Just Flight
Based in the United Kingdom, Just Flight, owned by Mastertronic Group has been in the simulation business since the early days of FS2000. Developing in-house creations and publishing flight sim add-ons from third-party developers for various platforms including MSFS, X-Plane, and Prepar3D.
Their latest focus has been on the next-gen platforms including P3Dv5 and Microsoft's latest flight simulator, MSFS (2020) release.
Trusted by thousands of flight simmers worldwide, Just Flight is a household name in flight simulation.
Rated 4.5/5.0 based on 2 customer reviews
4/5 Verified Purchase
Have a few hours on a few of the assorted models now. Look good and needless to say, they all fly the same. Paint don't matter, but this was supposed to have a paint kit and I have yet to find it. Or instructions on HOW to do it. It would be great if it had even an OLD GPS unit to haul long distance, but then I have not tried to use the Speery Gryo unit yet. The plane is very close to the Beech 18 in size, but has less legs for the long hauls. Wish it had the option to turn it into a flying gas can to duplicate Emilia Airhearts flight. A bit pricey, but I will get my money out of it by putting as many hours on it as my Beech 18 & etc.
5/5 Verified Purchase
Just purchased the Electra Model 10A for FSX/P3D and I really enjoy it. It has a good feel to it, looks great and flies perfectly. I'm glad I got it. I like the old historic planes and I am glad there are people out there that are interested and dedicated to fashioning good aircraft. THANKS GUYS keep up the good work. As is obvious, this is my first review.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.