- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D (all versions including v4)
- File size
- 1 GB
As one of the most popular single-engine high-wing aircraft of its time, the DHC-3 Otter is a very fun aircraft to fly.
Now, users of FSX, FSX: Steam Edition and P3D can make use of this very popular aircraft.
The natural successor to the already impressive DHC-2 Beaver, this aircraft delivers a much more enjoyable and realistic take on a very popular aircraft.
Sharing many similarities to the Beaver, this improves upon it by making use of a larger wingspan, a greater fuselage, and a deeper operating weight.
Powered by an R-1340 radial engine, this can give you up to 11 passenger spaces as well as numerous spaces for cargo such as ski equipment, motocross bikes and various other pieces of equipment.
With over 450 of these built from 1951-1967, this aircraft was extremely popular for a period of time.
While today itís mostly quite outdated, itís still a very fun amphibian aircraft to fly when you need to make deliveries to remote and hard to reach locations.
- The DHC-3 Otter is an aircraft designed using real-world planning, with aircraft features included and fully animated.
- A new virtual cockpit is included, too, with 3D instrumentation, wear and tear and also new system functionality included.
- Numerous new liveries are included, too, following popular model designs from both civilian and military life.
- Accurate modeling of the aircraft, with various key functions and features added to ensure the aircraft looks and performs as realistically as it can.
- Detailed engine design with both start/stutter effects as well as volumetric prop effects.
- A newly improved, rendered airframe detail that comes with strengthening strakes, pilot tubing, aerials, and many more minor features.
- Immersive pilots sit within the cockpit, wearing equipment and uniforms which will correspond with the aircraft itself.
- High standard of texture designs for all parts of the model ensures the whole aircraft looks much more realistic, making use of bump and specular mapping.
- Fully modeled passenger cabin areas with a whole choice of deployable cargo feature available.
- New cockpit fully designed with metal effects, signs of wear and tear and also new dynamic specular effects.
- Instruments are constructed with professional animation to make sure that they can move and interact accordingly.
- Electrical or standby hand-crank engine start-up systems included.
- Cold and Dark start-up options for anyone who would like to start off their aircraft properly.
- New and improved avionics includes better functionality, offering access to NAV and ILS approach control as well as VOR/ADF receivers.
- Many features included such as new switches can be hidden if you find it hard to get a safe view as you fly.
- Immersive new throw over control columns allows for easy management from both the left or right seat at the pilot's section.
- A working form of flight dynamics designed specifically for the DH-3 Otter to ensure that it flies true to the experience of real-life pilots who flew one.
- A new and improved R1340 radial sound set included to help add to the atmosphere and operation of the aircraft.
- A fully working manual included with various guides for each panel in the aircraft, allowing for a more comprehensive flying experience.
Users will also get access to some impressive new liveries, which include:
- Wheel. US Navy (144672), US Army (53270), Alexandair (C-FJZN) and TAA ĎSunbirdí (VH-SBR).
- Ski. Wardair (CF-IFF) & British Commonwealth Trans-Antarctic Expedition (XL710).
- Amphibian. Royal Canadian Air Force rescue (3743), Wardair (CF-IFF) & Aviation Sennet-Air (C-FITF).
- Float. Rustís Flying Services (N2899J) & Northway Aviation Ltd (C-FUKN).
- You also get access to a fully operational PSD pain kit, which will make it easy for you to create your own paint schemes.