Douglas DC-8 for FSX/P3D1 reviews
- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D (including v4)
- File size
- 700 MB
For many aviation fans, the Douglas DC-8 holds a rather special place in the history of aviation. It was, for all intents and purposes, the aircraft which introduced the idea of long-distance air travel to the wider world. What used to be a huge undertaking, to fly across the Atlantic, soon became an exercise in simplicity. For that reason, the aircraft enjoyed commercial success until the early 1970s, when it began to slowly be phased out and replaced by more modern offerings.
Even today, though, you still see the odd DC-8 in action. For this reason, picking up this add-on would make perfect sense for lovers of this old-school classic. Now, you can easily kick off into the skies of P3D with the help of this recreation of the DC-8, with the aim of capturing all of its strengths and flaws.
With everything from the correct layout to authentic scaling, this does a fine job of utterly transforming the visual appeal and performative style of the Douglas DC-8. So, if you are serious about trying out properly classic aviation, you might find that the helping hand of the Douglas DC-8 might just guide you in the right direction!
- A new take on the model, with the focus, always being on realism. The scale, shape, size, and speed of the aircraft are as close to reality as was possible.
- A new and improved 3D model has been designed from scratch, with everything from newly animated flight surfaces to landing gears, cargo doors and numerous exists.
- Virtual cockpit development from scratch, with all manner of new instruments and tools to use in any way that you wish.
- Up to 10 systems all fully simulated and optimized to ensure that you always feel in total control.
- New and improved lighting for the cockpit, making it easier for you to see as you land and take off. Improved panel back-lighting and instrument lighting help improve visibility, too.
- Radar displays provide you with in-depth feedback over the terrain for a more analytical flight experience.
- Easy to use loader utilities for simple adding and removal of passengers per your own choices.
- Turbine Sound Studios audio experience helps to make the whole aircraft feel a touch more immersive.
- Detailed engine simulation and performance data tables help you to get accurate performance based on the capabilities of the real aircraft.
- Get the right V speeds, power settings, trims, stall speeds and more through immersive cataloged information provided for easy knowledge.
- Bespoke ice coding will help to make sure that ice accumulates, helping to increase drag and offer a more authentic flight experience.
- INS waypoints can be added manually, with a fully detailed INS simulation solution offering DME updating, authentic alignment and so much more.
- Cold and dark start options make it easy for you to start the aircraft at the level of challenge that you wish to take on for any given flight.
- P3D v4 compatible, with full control over dynamic lighting, taxiing and floodlighting.
Rated 5.0/5.0 based on 1 customer reviews
5/5 Verified Purchase
Pilots were right, the DC-8 is really a pilotís airplane. It handles great, it sounds amazing, thereís just so many good things I could say about this plane. If you are looking for a jet-age plane, this might be your answer...