Aeroplane Heaven B-17-Flying Fortress for FSX/P3D
Aeroplane Heaven's B-17 collection includes the famous 'Memphis Belle', B-17F25 'Hell's Angels', 'Miami Clipper', 'Blonde Bomber', B-17F30 'The 8 Ball', 'Black Jack', 'Birmingham Blitzkrieg' and 'Wulf Hund', and a fictional B-17F-20 'Bare Metal'. A massive amount of detail has been included yet frame rates are high for smooth flying on all but the slowest computers. Even the diamond treads are bump-cut into the tyres! A fully functional cockpit includes authentic start procedures and engine management including the turbo-superchargers. You also have a choice of conventional flood or ultraviolet lighting at night. From the fully detailed nose section to the animated tail-gunner, this package really does do homage to one of history’s most illustrious icons and an aviation legend. HI-FIDELITY MODELS Read more...
- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D
- File size
- 838 MB
- Just Flight
- Hi-fidelity models with a huge amount of authentic detail
- High definition 'wear' textures with 'war weary' effects and shading for extra realism
- Superbly detailed Wright Cyclone engines
- Special blurred propeller textures add 'body' to side view of spinning propellers
- Droppable bombs (operated from the cockpit) fall at scale speeds
- Manned rotating turrets with gun depression and elevation
- Retractable animated waist gunners and opening side gun doors - waist gunners can be configured to fire their 50 calibres
- Opening hatches with interior detail
- Superb stereo sound pack
- Many unique animations including vibrating exhausts and turbochargers
- Fully animated crew
- Sun splinter effects in the cockpit glazing
- Special configuration panel pop-up allows you to show/hide the turret gunners and bomb-aimer for take-off and landing, adjust your seat position, re-load bombs and more.
NINE LIVERIES AND PAINTKIT
- Nine high-definition liveries with special bump effects and accurate, sharply defined nose-art
- Pro-quality paintkit enables you to create your own favourite schemes
'Memphis Belle' survived the war and most recently has been taken in for restoration by the United States Air Force Museum. Sadly, the original 'Belle' had been the subject of vandalism over the years and the bulk of her original equipment and fittings removed. However, the Museum with the assistance of the 'Memphis Belle' Association have been able to put her back on track to full restoration to how she was when she arrived in the States for her War Bond tour.
'Hell’s Angels' was a B17F-25 and actually completed her 25 missions ahead of 'Memphis Belle'. She was in fact the first 8th Air Force B-17 to do so.
'Miami Clipper' flew back to the U.S in 1944 and 'Blonde Bomber' flew its last mission in January 1944 when it was shot down over Western Germany.
'The 8 Ball'
Completing the line-up is 'Bare Metal', a fictional B17F-20 finished in unpainted aluminium. Although this never happened for the early models, it gives a taste of how they might have looked fresh from the factory before the drab green was applied.
About Just Flight
Based in the United Kingdom, Just Flight, owned by Mastertronic Group has been in the simulation business since the early days of FS2000. Developing in-house creations and publishing flight sim add-ons from third-party developers for various platforms including MSFS, X-Plane, and Prepar3D.
Their latest focus has been on the next-gen platforms including P3Dv5 and Microsoft's latest flight simulator, MSFS (2020) release.
Trusted by thousands of flight simmers worldwide, Just Flight is a household name in flight simulation.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.