- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D (all versions) including v4
- File size
- 600 MB
As a city renowned for giving people freedom and choice, New York lives up to that tag in its airport selection. With so many airports to pick from, it can be hard to know exactly where you want to go and land at!
This package, though, helps to add even more difficulty to the choice by uplifting major airports in the region. With three special airports all taken to a whole new level of detail, this mod is a must-have for New Yorkers. Now, JFK International, Teterboro Airport, and LaGuardia will all go through an extensive facelift. Looking far more like their original selves, this mod adds precision and attention to detail where in the past generic layouts existed.
Placed in Queens, John F. Kennedy International Airport lies in the borough and now looks far more like it should. Before, the airport felt empty and lacking in any kind of discernible personality. This helps to lift that gloom and make the whole place look much more like it should in the first place.
Just 12 miles from Lower Manhattan, this airport is one of the most commonly used international airports in the USA. As the busiest airport in the USA for international air passengers, it’s a major airport that takes on a staggering number of people every year, with millions passing through its gates.
Now, it looks far more like the sprawling and perpetually busy airport that it is. Alongside Newark Airport and LaGuardia, this makes up the largest interconnected set of flight systems in the world going on flight operations per annum. Take advantage of that realism and fly into a JFK International far more like the real thing.
This smaller general aviation relief airport makes a fine stopping point for anyone looking to fly to Teterboro, Moonachie or Hasbrouck Heights out in New Jersey. As an airport that is meant just for passenger traffic, it’s the oldest operating airport in the wider New York City area.
Home to many private charter firms, too, you will see many private aircraft taking off from here now that it represents the real aircraft in such style. It’s a very impressive airport, despite the struggles with wildlife that makes it the third highest airport for wildlife strikes per take-off/landing.
If you want to see this airport uplifted to a new standard, then, be sure to include this in your list of aviation changes!
LaGuardia Airport, based in Queens, is another major part of the NYC aviation experience. As a major hub for Delta Air Lines, you will see many largescale aircraft taking off from here on a regular basis. You also see American Airlines flying out from LaGuardia a lot, so be prepared for that as you make your descent to land!
As the busiest airport in the USA without any non-stop European services, it’s a bustling venue to visit and for that reason, you should really take the time to enjoy the uplift it enjoys here. Having undergone major reconstruction work in the last few years, this mod helps to modernize the airport and make it look much closer to the real version, compete with those impressive new changes that really help bring it to life in some style.
- First off, remove any previous installations of the New York Airports mod.
- Then, run the installation file and this will automatically add this to your Scenery Library.
- Once complete, you can choose various different add-ons and extras in the installer.
- Make sure you have SimObject Display Engine installed, otherwise various add-ons won’t work.
This is fully compatible with other major scenery modes like Manhattan X and New York City X, too.
- A complete transformation of three of the most important airports in New York City.
- Whole changes to the airports help to make them feel much busier with performance optimization ensuring the population of the airports never causes FPS dips.
- New and improved lighting helps to make the airports much easier to see as you make your landing. Make the most of the famous Canarsie visual approach, too!
- SODE jetways and seasonal swapping allow for each New York airport to look tremendous regardless of the month.
- An authentic take on the LaGuardia Airport, bringing it up to the modern standard in line with the latest changes made to the airport's structure.
- Customized reflections and custom meshing allow for the airports to be far truer to their real selves.
- Impressive attention to detail on HQ static aircraft makes each airport feel as busy as it should, too, with 3D people adding to the visual appeal of the entire airport uplift.