Holloman AFB for FSX/P3D
Holloman Air Force Base is a sorely missed piece of military expansion. This small base might not hold a huge great, but it’s still nice to come across. Whether it’s for a more creative kind of military role-play experience or simply for completion, this add-on is great to have. Read more...
- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D (not v4)
- File size
- 25 MB
- Team SDB
Help to complete a larger amount of military bases in your flight simulation experience with the assistance of this add-on. It helps to add a much-needed level of realism into the desert. The lack of military AFB without the right amount of detail is quite frustrating for some pilots. If you would like to have more options, then this is a good place to start.
This small base out in Otero County, New Mexico, is well worth your time adding to your simulation experience. Given the barren nature of the land around this area, it can be good to have something to arrive at without flying for too long. Named in honor of Colonel George V. Holloman, this air base is worth having for reasons of respect, if nothing else.
Speaking of respect, all purchases of this AFB will see some revenues donated towards Help for Heroes. Help for Heroes is a UK-based charity, that helps veterans and those who fought in wars for Britain receive treatment and help.
- A full rebuild of the air base to try and capture as close a look to the real thing as is possible.
- Fully detailed additions of all support buildings and hangers help to add life to the AFB.
- Operational new lighting at night lighting will help to aid arrival here during the evening.
- Navigational aids are included, too.
- German Tornados, F16-C and F16-D Falcons and USAF F-22A Raptors are under AI control.
- OF-4 Phantom IIs, QF-16 Falcons, C-21A Learjet and C-130J Hercules aircraft are here, too.
- AI densities are developed to scale to help adjust for the best balance in performance.
About Team SDB
Team SDB, a joint effort from developers based in the UK and USA but primarily consisting of Mike Dews in the UK and Frank Safranek in the USA have been developing flight simulator scenery add-ons for over a decade. Originally beginning with work published by Alphasim (Phil Perrott) also known for Virtavia, they now release independantly.
Team SDB generally focus on UK/US airfields, airbases and military precenses and bring them to life as scenery add-ons in the simulators. They have released many titles that have been well received by the community compatible with a range of simulators such FS2004, FSX and Prepar3D. They also have other projects releases such as aircraft carrier add-ons compatible with the latest sims.
Team SDB also hope to remaster and release their scenery add-on portfolio for the new Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020 release.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.