- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D (all versions including v4)
- File size
- 76 MB
Glasgow Air Force Base was located in the northeast corner of Montana, 17 miles north of the city of Glasgow and 40 miles from the Canadian border. Construction on this massive airfield began in 1955. It was activated in 1957 as home to the Air Defense Command (ADC) 476th Fighter Group. In July 1959 the 476th was inactivated and its aircraft were transferred to the newly activated 13th
Fighter Interceptor Squadron. The 13th FIS was inactivated in June 1968 as part of the drawdown of ADC interceptor bases, and its aircraft were passed along to the Air National Guard.
Shortly after the 13th FIS arrived, Glasgow was transferred to the Strategic Air Command and its runway was lengthened to 13,500 feet in length to support the coming operation of B-52 Stratofortress bombers and KC-135 Stratotankers by the 91st Bombardment Wing (Heavy).
Glasgow AFB was closed in 1968, with this massive facility having been open for only 11 years. Glasgow was reactivated as a SAC dispersal field operations base during 1972-76, and a major project was completed in 1973 to rehabilitate the runway surface, control tower, and navigation aids. When the base was closed by the military for the second time in 1976 it was so isolated and without business advantages that it sat idle for years until the Boeing Company, which now owns most of the base, began testing aircraft there.
The Team SDB version of Glasgow represents the base in the late 1960s after the 91st Bomb Wing had returned from Andersen Air Force Base in Guam and operations over Southeast Asia.
The scenery consists of:
- Full complement of hangars and support buildings
- Technical site and accommodation representative of the period
- Operational night lighting
- Dynamic night lighting in Prepar3D v4 *
- Navaids: ILS: (Rwy 28) 109.9 MHz @ 286 Heading. NDB: 460.0 kHz
- AI and Static B-52 Stratofortress, KC-135A Stratotanker, and F-101B Voodoo aircraft are included.
- VC-6A VIP Transport aircraft visits as well (AI on FSX only, static in P3Dv4).
- The AI aircraft and scenery object densities are scalable to suit most systems
- Windows XP w/SP2, Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, or 10
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X with Service Pack2 and Acceleration OR
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X Gold OR
- Dovetail Games FSX - Steam Edition OR
- Lockheed Martin Prepar3D
- CPU 2.4Ghz or better
- 2Gb RAM Minimum
- 512 MB DX9 or DX10 Graphics Card or better
- 73MB space for Download, 175MB for Installation
Team SDB donates a portion of revenues from its products to Help for Heroes in the UK.