- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D v3/v4
- File size
- 25 MB
Beale Air Force Base is a United States Air Force base located approximately 8 miles east of Marysville, California. Beale AFB was established in 1942 as Camp Beale. It became a United States Air Force base on 1 April 1951. In 1959 the Strategic Air Command established Beale as an operational USAF base to disperse its B-52 Stratofortress bombers over a larger number of bases. Support was provided by KC-135 Stratotanker aircraft.
In 1964, the Department of Defense announced that Beale would be the home of the new SR-71 Blackbird. The provisional 4200th Strategic Reconnaissance Wing activated in January 1965 and received its first aircraft, a T-38 Talon, in July 1965. The first SR-71 did not arrive until January 1966. With the arrival of the SR-71, the strategic bombardment mission at Beale was phased down, being replaced by the Strategic Reconnaissance mission. The 9th Strategic Reconnaissance Wing was reassigned to Beale in June 1966 and has been the host unit at Beale to the current day.
In July 1976, the U-2 joined the SR-71 in the 9th SRW giving the unit two of the most unique aircraft in the world. The SR-71 mission was closed in January 1990 and the KC-135 were deployed elsewhere in 1994. Beale is now home to the U2 and RQ-4 unmanned aircraft.
The Team SDB scenery represents the base during the late 1980s when the SR-71 was still being flown by the USAF.
The scenery consists of:
- A full complement of hangars and support buildings
- Operational night lighting
- Dynamic night lighting in Prepar3D v4
- Navaids: ILS (Rwy 15/33 109.5 MHz), DME 108.6 MHz, NDB 322.0 kHz
- AI SR-71 Blackbird, AI U-2R Dragon Lady, AI KC-135Q Stratotanker, and AI RC-135W Rivet Joint aircraft are included. C-21 Learjet visits as well.
- F-5E statics (T-38 proxy) also populate the ramp.
- The AI aircraft and scenery object densities are scalable to suit most systems
- Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP w/SP2 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Flight Simulator X (Acceleration, Gold or SP2 required)
or Dovetail Games FSX-SE
or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v3 / v4
- CPU 2.4Ghz or better
- 2Gb RAM Minimum
- 512 MB DX9 or DX10 Graphics Card or better **
- 93MB space for Download, 116MB space for Installation
Team SDB donates a portion of revenues from its products to UK Help for Heroes.