Free Tocumen International Airport Scenery for FSX/P3D/FS20042 reviews
- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X, Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition, Prepar3D (all versions including v4), Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
- File size
- 20 MB
Should you ever wish to travel to Panama and in particular Panama City, the smart money says youíll arrive via Tocumen International Airport. This has become a major part of the Panamanian aviation scene and is the home base for Copa Airlines.
Acting as a major hub for Panamanian travel from the country to Asia, Europe, and across America, this airport is a crucial part of travel in Panama. Now, this looks to create the airport in impressive detail for FS2004, FSX, and Prepar3D.
Flight simulation fans will enjoy the addition of new terrain points and manual improvements that make this standout airport become even more noticeable.
The airport has a long history, having been used quite regularly in the Second World War by the US Military. Built alongside other airports to protect the Panama Canal, the airfield was used for various points of attack. After the war, it became a major airport hub for Panama City and has continued to do so ever since.
Even though the various military governments prior to their fall in 1989, the airport remained a significant part of travel in Panama.
Although yet to take place, an agreement has been reached with Emirates to start operating flights from Tocumen International Airport to Dubai. This would be the longest non-stop flight in the world. While itís yet to happen, itís expected to happen eventually.
For those who like complete and individually detailed airports, this is just what you need.
Use this add-on to help make the most important airport in Panama come to life with the detail required. Currently undergoing major renovations, this add-on looks to capture the airport at the best possible phase prior to remodeling taking part.
With around 16m passengers passing through here on average, this is a major part of American transport networks. Now, this add-on looks to give the airport the appearance it deserves.
- Makes use of full detail to ensure Tocumen International Airport is accurately laid out.
- Comes with the northern expansion of the terminal which was remodelled.
- Vehicles move around the airport with ease, adding more life without performance loss.
- 100% compatible with DirectX 10.
- Fully operational moving, animated jetways and ground service staff.
- Photorealistic details in and around the airport to help create visual balance.
- Night lighting included to help make sure you can always fly here without issue.
Rated 3.5/5.0 based on 2 customer reviews
4/5 Verified Purchase
I used the scenery in P3Dv4, but their were two problems.
1. The installer placed the airport .BGL file in the ...AddonsSceneryScenery folder and not in the scenery folder of the Tocumen scenery; which caused problems. Moving the file into the Tocumen scenery folder corrected this.
2. Their are light poles on the ramp located in the centre of taxiways obstructing the normal movement of aircraft.
Otherwise, the scenery is pretty good and a lot better than the default scenery. Because of 1 and 2 I could not give it a "GOOD" rating.
3/5 Verified Purchase
Their are light poles on the ramp blocking the taxi routes. Other than that it is pretty good.