Free Comalapa International Scenery for FSX/P3D/FS20043 reviews
Should you wish to go to El Salvador, it's very likely that you will arrive via El Salvador International Airport. Otherwise known as Comalapa International Airport, this plays a crucial role in helping people get in and out of the nation. Read more...
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X, Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition, Prepar3D (all versions including v4), Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
- File size
- 40 MB
- Virtualcol FS Software
This serves as the airport for San Salvador and is based to the southern-central part of the country towards San Luis Talpa. It's closeness to sea level ensures that this is an airport that allows aircraft to fly without any issues due to altitude.
For that reason, this is an airport that many people like to fly to in FS2004, FSX, and Prepar3D. A lack of detail in default simulation, though, means that Comalapa International Airport often feels bare and generic.
This add-on looks to change that, adding freshness and attention to detail where previously little existed. This adds various new improvements to the airport as a whole.
The airport is one of the most commonly used in Central America and is working as the major hub for the TACA airline. With around 3.4m passengers annually, this is an airport with a busy daily usage. Therefore, when you fly here, it should feel like a major airport: this add-on looks to ensure that it finally does.
- A highly realistic recreation of the Comalapa International Airport, covering the entire airport area.
- Photorealistic imagery is used to help populate the ground and general area with detail.
- Volumetric grass is included to help add more visual detail and density to the grass.
- Night lighting is included across the whole airport to maximize visibility when flying.
- Warning lighting is included across the Runway access for improved visibly.
- 3D PAPI lights also included helping you arrive at Comalapa International Airport easier.
- Terminals and maintenance hangers are added and included with realistic detail.
- AEROMAN company buildings are present, as are the American airbase buildings.
- Animated vehicles move in and around the airport, ensuring it feels busy and fresh.
About Virtualcol FS Software
Virtualcol, based in Columbia has been developing flight sim add-ons for over a decade for FS2004, FSX, and Prepar3D. They have recently released their first model for Microsoft's new 2020 release (MSFS).
Their products always have a focus on being frame-rate friendly and fairly priced. You don't need a high-end machine to run Virtualcol models. Their aircraft design focuses on turboprops although they have released some smaller private jet aircraft.
Their products are well received and have had many well-rated reviews by new and returning customers.
Rated 3.3/5.0 based on 3 customer reviews
1/5 Verified Purchase
It is announced that it works in any version of P3D. The program has an automatic installer, but does not look for or indicate the path of the P3D simulator, installed on the PC. They are elements that disappoint because they indicate that someone at home does not do well the tasks.
4/5 Verified Purchase
Virtualcol was the best developer in Colombia 10-12 years ago to fsx and fs 2004 , I say thank you for this gift.
I use P3d V 4.5 HF 3 , and this comalapa airport works fine ,is not is the best but we can fly with a great free scenery
5/5 Verified Purchase
Very Good.It has been made nicely.No problem in loading.Thank you.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.