Boston Scenery US Cities X for FSX/P3D
Enter Boston's buzzing airspace with a wide choice of aviation options. New England's largest city has plenty of helipads within its boundaries, some nice rural general aviation airports surrounding it, and last but not least: Boston Logan. Read more...
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D v4, v5
- File size
No other US airport of this size it that close to a major city center - thrilling and scenic approaches guaranteed! From there head out to Boston Harbor's islands or fly along the magnificent coastline dotted with some of the most attractive homes in New England.
US Cities X is a series of city scenery for FSX and P3D that covers US cities created by LimeSim. Based on an extensive aerial image it will have all the major buildings and landmarks plus all the airports and heliports that are inside the covered areas. It is clearly intended to fill the gap between the default scenery and very high dense city scenery such as Manhattan X.
Because the file size is rather large due to the ground image it only includes one season (in most cases this is not a real issue) and no night textures. The VFR flights over these cities are mostly a day time affair anyway.
- Detailed 3D renderings of the city center covered by more than 4,000 major buildings
- Aerial image coverage with up to 20cm/pix resolution (see attached Google Earth file)
- 351,369 (!) autogen objects placed realistically
- An incredible 1m /3ft resolution elevation model / mesh terrain
- 9 Helipads:
o Massachusetts General Hospital Heliport
o New England Medical Center
o Boston City Hospital Heliport
o Brigham and Women's Hospital
o Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
o Herb Chambers
o Rent-A-Tool Heliport
o Lynn Aviation Plant
o Thacher Island Helipad
- Major airports in and around the city are covered with new high res ground images with customized mesh terrain:
o KBOS Boston Logan Intl
o KBED Bedford Hanscom
o KBVY Beverly
o KOWD Norwood
o NZW South Weymouth NAS (closed)
- Sound effects like downtown- and highway traffic and animated gulls
- Animated ships and boats in Boston Harbor
- Traffic on most major roads (optional)
- Low price, very good value for money!
- Includes a separate Scenery Density Tool, which makes this highly detailed scenery enjoyable on slower systems as well!
- Bonus: Full rendering of Thacher Island and its helipad!
Aerosoft has been in the flight sim business since 1991 - true veterans of flight simulation software and providing add-ons for flight simulator users and virtual pilots.
Based in Germany, they have a true appreciation of attention to detail in flight sim quality. They have published many hit titles in the flight sim world over the years and they are known globally in the flight sim community.
Aerosoft publishes many titles from smaller flight sim names bringing their add-ons and creations to fruition and putting them in front of the masses.
Aerosoft is always at the forefront of the latest flight simulator technology and their customer after-sale support is second to none.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.