San Francisco Scenery US Cities X for FSX/P3D2 reviews
- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D (including v4)
- File size
- 170 MB
For many people coming to visit America, a trip to the city of San Francisco is almost essential. This amazing city is one of the most popular and commonly visited in the USA, yet in FSX/P3D it often lacks the needed panache.
This add-on looks to improve the whole city, freshening it up with a whole host of visual adjustments, changes, and improvements to make San Francisco feel special once again.
The whole city is changed here, and it helps to make sure that you can see major landmarks of the city finally stand out as they should.
From the famous Golden Gate Bridge to many landmarks across the city – including many new land-able heliports – the whole city feels more alive.
Using this, you will find the city to be much denser with added detail. VFR lifting is included, too, making sure that you fly over this city and see a rich town bustling below you.
Note: Please note that no nighttime scenery or seasonal scenery packages are included with this add-on.
- Impressive new aerial imagery included using Google Earth imagery to help make San Francisco look outstanding. See the attached file for reference.
- Rich and impressive density of objects though can easily be scaled up or down to make sure you can handle the process.
- More than 2,800 different buildings included across the city, with many minor and major landmarks making an appearance for the first time.
- Autogen buildings appear en masse, too, making sure that accurate and honest building placement helps to create San Francisco as it should look.
- All three major heliports are included across the city, as well as the popular seaplane landing base.
- Detailed ships sit in the San Francisco Bay, complete with a working helipad for easy landing and watching of the city.
- Traffic is seen on most major roads, helping to add an extra sense of business and life to the whole city as you fly above.
- Eastern Span of the Bay Bridge is now included, which was missing previously.
- New and improved sound effects make sure the whole city sounds and looks just as it should: a bustling metropolis.
Rated 4.5/5.0 based on 2 customer reviews
Update. Apparently the Golden Gate Bridge is not included in the San Francisco scenery but the big radio tower west-southwest of downtown San Francisco is. If you turn on the "Western North America" scenery that comes with FSX, the Golden Gate Bridge will appear but so will another rendering of the radio tower. The net result is you can have either no bridge and 1 radio tower, or one bridge and 2 radio towers. The Golden Gate Bridge is such a prominent feature of the SF area, I can't imagine flying without it, but I also don't like two radio towers. I'm not sure what the best choice is since I have no idea how the Western North America scenery and SF scenery interact. I know this is a flight sim and not a scenery sim, but this problem is unacceptable, as would be New York harbor with no Statue of Liberty. Some scenery expert needs to fix this somehow ... or tell us what we're doing wrong.
5/5 Verified Purchase
Excellent, very dense scenery, in which--for some unknown reason--the Golden Gate Bridge doesn't appear on my system. The cars just drive across the water. (Cute!) With very dense scenery such as this it's sometimes difficult to fly a complex aircraft (the VRS F/A-18 "superbug", for example) over it less you have computer memory problems and everything quits. (When I want to just go sightseeing, I fly an unsophisticated airplane.)