- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D (including v4)
- File size
- 3 GB
Of all the cities in America, few draw the same excitement and entertainment as Los Angeles. However, despite its prominence in the modern world, LA often feels dilapidated in poor in FSX and P3D particularly. With the help of the latest release in Aerosoft’ US Cities X model, users can now enjoy a transformation of this major city.
Now, a visit to LA is sure to feel far more like the real thing. With more helipads in the city than any other and more single-engine aircraft being used, it’s a city that aviation lovers need to feel real. This release will make sure that the previously dour, dead city from FSX/P3D is replaced with something much more vibrant.
A Total Recreation
One of the most significant changes has been the development of aerial imagery. With major buildings and significant landmarks all put in place perfectly, this helps to develop a very impressive looking city indeed. The city now is much busier and fuller, with various high-density extras added to ensure it finally feels like the metropolis it is. With over 3GB of changes made across the city, everything is covered with much greater detail than beforehand.
Indeed, over 5,000 major building are included across Downtown, Long Beach, and Irvine areas. Using high-quality 30cm/pixel resolution aerial imagery, too, the detail is sharp and very specific. Even the Catalina Island has been included, with the full helipad included for simple and easy landings.
Over 454,500 new autogen objects are placed lovingly and creatively across the city. With so many new changes, LA now looks much more like the city it’s so known and loved for being.
Easier to Access
One of the most significant changes here has to be the development of the new airports in and around the city. Each one is recreated with high-quality ground imagery, new mesh terrain, and various other impressive alterations. The following airports have been included:
- KLAX Los Angeles Intl
- KBUR Burbank Bob Hope
- KSNA John Wayne Orange Co
- KLGB Long Beach
- KVNY Van Nuys
- KAVX Catalina "Airport in the Sky"
- KSMO Santa Monica Mun
- KSLI Los Alamitos AAF
- KWHP Whiteman
- KEMT El Monte
- KHHR Northrop Hawthorne
- KCPM Compton Woodley
- KTOA Zamperini
- 64CL Goodyear Blimp Base
- KNTK Tustin MCAS
Add in the whopping 150 new helipads, from the LAPD Hooper Heliport to the Queen Mary, and landing and arriving in LA is much easier by chopper, as well.
The aim here is to make sure that the city is easier to visit, view and fly over. New customized mesh terrain helps to make the whole city look much more authentic, including the surrounding areas. If you are looking for an easy way to make a visit to LA in P3D or FSX, then this helps to make it much more authentic and accessible.
- Impressive new visual features help to make Los Angeles look much more authentic.
- Traffic now buzzes around the in-scale, accurately placed roads throughout the city.
- Animated ships and boats move through the LA Port and Catalina Island docks.
- Double the number of airports, over 30x the volume of helipads and 5x the volume of original autogen objects.Scenery density tools closed, ensuring that you can get your highly detailed scenery on lower-end hardware.
- New sound effects help to make the whole city sound and look much more authentic and impressive. Highway traffic roars in the distance as gulls’ fly above and squawk.
- Better atmosphere and LA specific changes across the city maximizes overall realism.
- Fully prepared and accessible with FSX and P3D, perfectly suitable.