Joint Base Andrews Scenery for FSX/P3D
Joint Base Andrews is a United States military facility located in Prince George's County, Maryland. The base is named for Lieutenant General Frank Maxwell Andrews, former Commanding General of the United States Armed Forces in the European Theater of Operations during World War II. Read more...
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D v3/v4
- File size
- 28 MB
- Team SDB
The base is widely known for serving as the home base of two Boeing VC-25 aircraft which have the call sign Air Force One while the President of the United States is on board.
The base has many tenant units from all branches of the armed forces and is under the jurisdiction of the United States Air Force 11th Wing, Air Force District of Washington. In 2009, Andrews Air Force Base and Naval Air Facility Washington were merged to form Joint Base Andrews.
This scenery of Andrews AFB/NAF by Team SDB represents the base between 2000 and 2010. This scenery was originally part of a volume of four USAF bases. Over time we have updated the original bases as the versions of Flight Simulator and now Prepar3D have changed.
The scenery consists of:
- Full complement of hangars and support buildings
- Technical site and accommodation representative of the period
- Operational night lighting
- Dynamic night lighting in Prepar3D v4 *
- AI Learjet C-21, F-16C, F-16D, Beechcraft C-12, C-130H, Gulfstream C-20, Gulfstream C-37A, and KC-135 Stratotanker
- Static UH-60 Blackhawks
- Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP w/SP2 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (SP2/Acceleration or Flight Simulator X Gold)
- or Dovetail Games FSX-SE
- or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v3 or v4
- CPU 2.4Ghz or better
- 2Gb RAM Minimum
- 512 MB DX9 or DX10 Graphics Card or better
- 28 MB for download, 50 MB for installation
Team SDB generously donates a portion of revenues from its products to UK Help for Heroes.
About Team SDB
Team SDB, a joint effort from developers based in the UK and USA but primarily consisting of Mike Dews in the UK and Frank Safranek in the USA have been developing flight simulator scenery add-ons for over a decade. Originally beginning with work published by Alphasim (Phil Perrott) also known for Virtavia, they now release independantly.
Team SDB generally focus on UK/US airfields, airbases and military precenses and bring them to life as scenery add-ons in the simulators. They have released many titles that have been well received by the community compatible with a range of simulators such FS2004, FSX and Prepar3D. They also have other projects releases such as aircraft carrier add-ons compatible with the latest sims.
Team SDB also hope to remaster and release their scenery add-on portfolio for the new Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020 release.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.