Aeroplane Heaven Globe Swift GC1-A for FSX/P3D
Designed by R.S. Johnson in 1940, the Swift's birth was not without its complications. The intervention of WWII meant that the design did not actually reach certification until May, 1946 when it had been the subject of several design modifications carried out by K.H. 'Bud' Knox. In the late 1940s Globe was to become insolvent and Temco acquired the type certificate and went on to build further aircraft. Temco modified the Swift to become the first post-war military trainer but it lost the race to the Beechcraft Mentor. Full production ceased in 1951 but spare parts and service items continued to be produced by Universal Aircraft Industries until 1979. Aeroplane Heaven bring you the Globe Swift that is based on the original 'A' version, in 12 liveries and with a Paint Kit An in-game tutorial and tips system is included, and in-game options allow you to choose from four different pilots and copilots, remove VC glass and gauge glass and interact with simulator-specific functions - all from the comfort of the pilot's seat. Custom sounds and 3D modelled needles ensure accuracy and smoothness. With lovely flight characteristics, the Globe Swift will ensure that even the most novice flight simulator user will have a smile on his or her face. It seems that you need a university degree nowadays to operate the television, but the great thing about this aircraft... no computers! If it can’t be fixed by a piece of tape and a spoon, you won’t find it here! Read more...
- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D
- File size
- 283 MB
- Just Flight
- Two very different models (chrome and painted) for a better representation of this iconic aircraft
- Two liveries (one blank painted texture and one blank chrome texture) and Paint Kit
- Globe Swift-specific Collins radios (NAV1, COM1 and ADF1)
- Custom hide-able autopilot control (easy to use for those longer flights)
Custom options clipboard with the following options:
- Pilot's positions
- Choice of pilots (choose one or two from a roster of four)
- Hide-able cockpit glass
- Hide-able gauge glass
- Innovative tutorial mode with Cold Start functionality
- Stock SimIcons
- Quickstart start list and tips and tricks
- Equation for lift is included
- Separate controllable gauge lighting
- 2k maps for a wonderful balance between resolution and frame rates
- Original Swift custom sounds.
- Cockpit guide and Flight Manual PDFs
Note: Please note there is no 2D panel supplied for this aircraft.
About Just Flight
Based in the United Kingdom, Just Flight, owned by Mastertronic Group has been in the simulation business since the early days of FS2000. Developing in-house creations and publishing flight sim add-ons from third-party developers for various platforms including MSFS, X-Plane, and Prepar3D.
Their latest focus has been on the next-gen platforms including P3Dv5 and Microsoft's latest flight simulator, MSFS (2020) release.
Trusted by thousands of flight simmers worldwide, Just Flight is a household name in flight simulation.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.