Helsinki Metropolitan VFR Scenery for X-Plane
This is an extremely detailed scenery of the larger Helsinki metropolitan area covering over 4000 square kilometres. You will find this a diverse and beautiful area, filled with cities, towns, villages, lakes, national parks, forests, etc. Read more...
- X-Plane 10.40+ or X-Plane Steam Version
- File size
- 1 GB
Thousands of objects have been hand placed on the underlying photo scenery (buildings, lights, trees, forests). This is one of the most realistic large scale sceneries in the history of X-Plane.
The scenery has lots of custom traffic, replacing the default X-Plane traffic. The night lighting has been built from scratch. Try flying at dusk or dawn. It´s simply beautiful, just like it is in real life.
You will find two custom built airfields (EFNU and EFMN) and three "enhanced default airports" (EFHK, EFHF, EFHV). The "enhanced default airports" are built using X-Planes art asset. They are carefully aligned with the underlying orthophoto. They can be replaced with custom airports from TruScenery .
Flying from EFMN via Porvoo to EFHF and to EFNU is almost 60 NM. You will have detailed scenery under your wings the whole flight. The scenery will look good even at minimum altitudes.
- More than 4000 square kilometres (1544 square miles) of detailed scenery
- 50cm/pixel resolution in the main area, 1m/pixel resolution in surrounding areas
- Includes both summer and winter textures (approx. 5.7 GB both, they can be downloaded separately). The winter textures have a generic winter orthophoto surrounding the scenery so you won´t easily see the green default mesh while flying over the scenery (it can be removed if you use a winter package and when the scenery is expanded).
- Decals added to the whole scenery (will give you detailed terrain all the way to the ground).
- Hundreds of custom built objects placed accurately on the orthophoto
- Extremely detailed forests, over 10 forest files used to accurately represent the forests of the scenery. The forests cover the whole scenery and match closely the underlying orthophoto.
- Custom built HDR-night lighting for the whole area. Night flying has never been so realistic!
- Custom built traffic. Cars follow the roads in the scenery using realistic speeds
- Two custom built airfields
- Nemmela - EFNU
- Mäntsälä - EFMN
- Helipad Meilahti main hospital - EFHY
- Three enhanced default airports, where the objects match the underlying orthophoto (Helsinki Vantaa - EFHK, Helsinki Malmi - EFHF and Hyvinkää - EFHV).
- Custom built OSM-facades for the whole area. Southern Finland has very good OSM-coverage, so the scenery is filled with buildings
- Manual edited shorelines for very realistic coastlines
- Later updates will add even more custom objects to the scenery
- Many optimizations for better framerate
You can download the manual here.
Aerosoft has been in the flight sim business since 1991 - true veterans of flight simulation software and providing add-ons for flight simulator users and virtual pilots.
Based in Germany, they have a true appreciation of attention to detail in flight sim quality. They have published many hit titles in the flight sim world over the years and they are known globally in the flight sim community.
Aerosoft publishes many titles from smaller flight sim names bringing their add-ons and creations to fruition and putting them in front of the masses.
Aerosoft is always at the forefront of the latest flight simulator technology and their customer after-sale support is second to none.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.