STORM Weather/Mission/Challenge Add-on for MSFS
Hurricanes and other natural disasters injected automatically into the next-generation sim. Calling all storm chasers! Buckle up for the most exhilarating, thrilling, and dangerous flight simulation product created by SoFly. Read more...
- Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020 Release
- File size
- 700 MB
STORM for Microsoft Flight Simulator adds historic hurricanes, superstorms and a diverse range of global storm presets that will give you the most thrilling challenge yet.
Take flight anywhere in the world and go in search of these natural disasters. Historic hurricanes are based on real-world data, whilst fictional storms are designed to test your skills in unique conditions.
A huge number of fully voiced action missions are also included with STORM. You will go in search of hurricanes, collect geological data, and transport vital equipment all whilst trying to avoid any emergency situations.
If action missions are too fast-paced for you, take a more educational approach with the included airliner routes. Your co-pilot will give you all the information you need to know about the hurricane you’re about to fly over.
In a first for Microsoft Flight Simulator, STORM includes an interactive manual. A full audio tour written by a Geography and Natural Hazards Specialist is also included, this tour will teach you about hurricanes, their formation, and the destruction they cause.
With STORM for Microsoft Flight Simulator, you will be able to find hurricanes in their real-world locations, take on numerous challenges and become the ultimate storm chaser.
- A large number of Hurricanes (historical and fictional) are injected into Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Global storm presets that preset a challenge anywhere in the world
- Fully voiced story-driven missions
- Educational airliner flights to the eye of the storm; choose between the default A320 or the FBW A32NX
- All-new discovery flights and authentic audio tour
- Microsoft Flight Simulator first: interactive manual as you fly in the simulator
- Tough and thrilling landing challenges
- Flight plans leading you to the hurricanes are included or discover them on your own
- Detailed PDF guide helping you find the hurricanes and storms included
User Guide and Manual
- 50 all-new Weather Presets that inject historical and fictional storms into your simulator, broken down into:
- 30 Hurricanes based on historical and geographical data.
- 10 Fictional Storms spread globally.
- 10 Weather presets based on tropical storms, hail, and more that can be used anywhere in the world.
- 4 thrilling Action Missions taking you into the eye of the storm:
- Varied missions take you on risky missions to find new storms and report back to base.
- Your job will be to find hurricanes, super-cells, and more on your journey around the world.
- Voiceovers will immerse you in the action and give you instructions when you need them most.
- 10 realistic Educational Flight Missions that take you over the eye of the storm:
- Based on realistic flight plans.
- Joined by your onboard co-Pilot who will give you educational information on specific storms as you journey to your destination.
- Perfect for all simmers looking to learn more about these natural disasters.
- 10 Landing Challenges that will see you land in some of the toughest conditions yet:
- Battle through hurricanes and achieve high scores in these brutal conditions.
- Avoid cells as you weave towards the runway in your aircraft full of passengers.
- 2 Discovery Flights to admire these storms from afar:
- A slower-paced approach in these discovery packs allows you to admire the views of these storms from afar.
- Learn a little more about some of these hurricanes and the impact these natural disasters had.
- Interactive Manual through a built-in Discovery Flight:
- Learn about the STORM product in the simulator itself.
- Get tips and tricks to make the most of STORM.
- Detailed PDF user guide to help find hurricanes, storms, and other weather effects in the world.
A new startup based in the United Kingdom, SoFly released its first product in 2020 with the release of Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020 release.
Their first product was their Guide and Manual for MSFS 2020. Well received with stunning reviews by flight simmers globally the manual/guide was a hit success.
Expending on their inventory they also have several other products available for Microsoft's latest flight sim including weather add-ons. SoFly plans to expand their product inventory to cover additional packages for MSFS (2020) and possibly other flight sims which are under development.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.