Antarctica Vol. 1 Scenery for MSFS: British Rothera and Beyond
Rothera is without a doubt the station in Antarctica with the most picturesque location! Located on a rocky outcrop overlooked by a massive glacier dotted with mountains to the west - it is surrounded by sea to all other directions with a line of the truly majestic mountains of the Antarctic Peninsula visible to the east on clear days. Read more...
- Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020 Release
- File size
- 2 GB Once Installed
The runway is squeezed between the base and hangar buildings to the left and right and seawater at both ends. In essence, it’s a smaller version of Gibraltar, which is British, too. A stunning approach, a runway that’s crossed by a road with traffic lights and surrounded by water.
To complete this add-on, we have added the very remote bases of Fossil Bluff and Sky Blu even further south. Together they make a perfect playground for the Aerosoft Aircraft Twin Otter!
A showcase scenery created by developers with more than 20 years of experience in MSFS development!
- Lots of animation including animals, vehicles, boats, and people, including likely the first animated penguins and chain vehicles in the flight simulator
- Custom-created sounds of animals and vehicles (probably the first scenery in MSFS with sounds attached)
- Coverage beyond the base with stunning glacier cliffs dropping into the sea
- Hundreds of thousands of animated icebergs in a larger area around the base (at times it can be possible that the approach is blocked by a huge iceberg passing through)
- Offsite locations of automated monitoring stations (marked as POIs so you can fly there for regular checks performing rough landings out in the field)
- Offsite landing strips of two British field locations with custom models and improved terrain imagery/elevation data: Sky Blu and Fossil Bluff
- Emergency airstrip location on the glacier above Rothera (alternative landing strip that MUST be used by local aircraft if there are incoming overseas aircraft)
- Carefully crafted landscape to merge with the surrounding landscape - including updated waterbodies
- The special technique used to add wind shear details to the vast white lands on the glacier
- Manual with dozens of pages of inside knowledge on flying in Antarctica, plus flight plans and simple charts
Aerosoft has been in the flight sim business since 1991 - true veterans of flight simulation software and providing add-ons for flight simulator users and virtual pilots.
Based in Germany, they have a true appreciation of attention to detail in flight sim quality. They have published many hit titles in the flight sim world over the years and they are known globally in the flight sim community.
Aerosoft publishes many titles from smaller flight sim names bringing their add-ons and creations to fruition and putting them in front of the masses.
Aerosoft is always at the forefront of the latest flight simulator technology and their customer after-sale support is second to none.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.