Flight Planning in MSFS (2020) Tutorial Videos4 reviews
Learn how to correctly plan VFR and IFR flights in the new Microsoft Flight Simulator® 2020 release - also known as MSFS or FS2020. Read more...
- Stand Alone (Video file)
- File size
- 600 MB
- Video Length
- 18:00 Minutes
Now version 2.
Aviation authorities require flight plans for instrument flights and recommend them for visual flights. Air traffic control uses flight plans to vector IFR pilots, and flight plans help VFR pilots reach their destinations timely and accurately. In MSFS 2020, VFR and IFR flight plans are displayed in the GPS units, the navigation logs, and the maps. The use of flight plans, therefore, enhances the realism of any cross-country simulation.
Two Videos in One Package
- One for VFR flight planning
- One for IFR flight planning
Version 2.0 is a substantial upgrade for an all-new video released in 2020.
- Using Search to add VORs, waypoints, and fixes to VFR and IFR flight plans.
- Selecting standard instrument departures and arrivals for IFR flight plans.
- Modifying filed flight plans with GPS units.
- Specific criteria for IFR low-altitude and high-altitude flights.
Each video is 50 percent longer.
Narrations are completely re-done with advanced hardware and software for the best user experience.
Plan Your Flights Like a Professional with this informative video guide!
- Learn four ways to choose departure and destination airports.
- See two ways to choose starting points and parking places at both airports.
- Get information about runways, elevations, frequencies, and more.
- Make GPS direct routes.
- Make VOR-to-VOR routes.
- Choose visual or instrument flight rules.
- Select IFR low-altitude or high-altitude routes.
- Add and delete waypoints.
- See estimated flight distances and durations.
- Select proper cruising altitudes.
- Use the simulator’s NavLog and maps.
- Save your flight plans.
- File your plans with air traffic control.
Enjoy the Advantages of Flight Planning
- Your filed flight plan is shown in the onboard GPS unit and simulator map.
- The autopilot has a flight plan to follow.
- Air traffic control vectors IFR flight plans.
- Flight plans can be saved for future use.
Use Professionally Produced Instructional Videos
- All topics are deliberately chosen for utmost relevance.
- Every aspect is clearly explained with simultaneous animations.
- Significant details are highlighted.
- All narrations are deliberately scripted and edited.
- Narrations are precisely spoken.
- The audio is clear throughout.
- Images are captured directly from MSFS 2020.
Compatible With Popular Software and Operating Systems
- Video plays on common media players.
- Duration: 18 minutes (9 for each video).
- File size: 600 MB.
- Instructions for use included.
Focus and Limits
- Focuses on the electronic flight planner in Microsoft Flight Simulator® 2020.
- Applies to all aircraft
- Suitable for all cross-country simulations
- Does not apply to other flight-simulation programs.
Five bonus items are included free for quick reference:
- Transcript of IFR video
- Transcript of VFR video
- Regulation altitude chart
- Keyboard shortcut list for MSFS 2020
- V-Speed card
As a professional management consultant, I trained people in workplaces for more than 30 years. I began publishing books about home flight simulation in 1997 and videos in 2010. As a professional and experienced trainer, I invest a lot of effort and time toward making quality products that are useful to people.
- Any video with manufacturing defects will be replaced at no cost.
- If you can show that the content of this video is not as described herein, your money will be refunded.
- If you find facts that you believe are in error, please let me know so I can evaluate them.
- If you have suggestions for improvement, please share them with me.
My full guarantee is included in the package and can be made available by request. – Bill Stack
TopSkills publishes tutorial videos and self-instructional books to help home flight-simulation enthusiasts maximize enjoyment of their hobby by applying real-world aviation principles and techniques.
The business was formed in 1987 by Bill Stack as a management-consulting practice. Between 1987 and 2012, Bill consulted to government and private-sector auditing organizations including inspectors general and internal auditors.
Rated 4.0/5.0 based on 4 customer reviews
5/5 Verified Purchase
If you haven't figured out how to make flightplans in MSFS, then this is the video for you. The explanation is extremely clear and understandable. I knew how to make flightplans, but bought this to see if there was anything that I was missing. I picked up a few pointers.
My videos are carefully planned, researched, crafted, and scripted. Narrations are clearly read. Animations are precisely timed. The videos are independently reviewed for accuracy before release. YouTube is like anything else: You get what you pay for.
5/5 Verified Purchase
Nice refresher for "rusty/new pilot". Well presented and documented . Include a copy of blank flight plan document would be nice - save searching and printing from other sources. Thanks for the videos.
use Google, Reddit or Youtube you will find the information found on these videos for free
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.