Flight Planning in MSFS (2020) Tutorial Videos3 reviews
- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Stand Alone (Video file)
- File size
- 435 MB
- Video Length
- 12:00 Minutes
Learn how to correctly plan VFR and IFR flights in the new Microsoft Flight Simulator® 2020 release - also known as MSFS or FS2020.
Now version 1.1
Version 1.1 features improved audio quality based on customer feedback.
NOTE: Previous purchasers can re-download this new version by visiting their order history page and choosing "Download Latest Version".
This is an all-new video made from scratch based on Microsoft’s newest simulation program.
Flight plans are required for all IFR flights and recommended for all VFR flights. In MSFS 2020, the GPS unit displays VFR and IFR flight plans, and air traffic control uses flight plans to vector IFR flights.
Plan Your Flights Like a Professional with this informative video guide!
- Learn four ways to choose departure and destination airports.
- See two ways to choose starting points and parking places at both airports.
- Get information about runways, elevations, frequencies, and more.
- Make GPS direct routes.
- Make VOR-to-VOR routes.
- Choose visual or instrument flight rules.
- Select IFR low-altitude or high-altitude routes.
- Add and delete waypoints.
- See estimated flight distances and durations.
- Select proper cruising altitudes.
- Use the simulator’s NavLog and maps.
- Save your flight plans.
- File your plans with air traffic control.
Enjoy the Advantages of Flight Planning
- Your filed flight plan is shown in the onboard GPS unit and simulator map.
- The autopilot has a flight plan to follow.
- Air traffic control vectors IFR flight plans.
- Flight plans are saved for future use.
Use Professionally Produced Instructional Videos
- All topics are deliberately chosen for the utmost relevance.
- Every aspect is clearly explained with simultaneous animations.
- Significant details are highlighted.
- All narrations are deliberately scripted and edited.
- Narrations are precisely spoken.
- The audio is clear throughout.
- Images are captured directly from MSFS 2020.
Two Videos in One Package
- One video is for VFR flight planning.
- A separate video is for IFR flight planning.
Compatible With Popular Software and Operating Systems
- Video plays on common media players.
- Duration: 12 minutes.
- Instructions for use included.
Focus and Limits
- This video focuses on the electronic flight planner in Microsoft Flight Simulator® 2020.
- It does not apply to other flight-simulation programs.
Transcripts of the two videos are included for reference.
Includes Free V-Speed Card
- Most common general aviation V-Speeds
- Minimums, maximum, and optimums
- Listed by abbreviation alphabetically on one side
- Listed by abbreviation by relative speed on other side
- Clearly described
- Applies universally, not to any particular aircraft.
- Free with purchase of this flight-sim video
A lot of time and effort has been invested in making quality products that are useful to people. Any video with manufacturing defects will be replaced at no cost. If you can show that the content of this video is not as described, your money will be refunded. If you find facts that you believe are in error, please let me know so I can evaluate them. – Bill Stack
Rated 3.7/5.0 based on 3 customer reviews
5/5 Verified Purchase
If you haven't figured out how to make flightplans in MSFS, then this is the video for you. The explanation is extremely clear and understandable. I knew how to make flightplans, but bought this to see if there was anything that I was missing. I picked up a few pointers.
5/5 Verified Purchase
Nice refresher for "rusty/new pilot". Well presented and documented . Include a copy of blank flight plan document would be nice - save searching and printing from other sources. Thanks for the videos.
use Google, Reddit or Youtube you will find the information found on these videos for free