Navigating With GPS in MSFS (2020) Tutorial Video
The Global Positioning System is used by military, commercial, and civilian pilots worldwide. Make your simulations as realistic as possible by using GPS navigation for your cross-country flights. Read more...
- Stand Alone (Video file)
- File size
- 270 MB
- Video Length
- 10:00 Minutes
Navigate With the Garmin GPS Devices
Learn to use the Garmin GNS 530 and GNS 430 to navigate easily and precisely anywhere in the world like a real pilot.
- Read and decipher data on map screens
- Learn functions of buttons and knobs
- Change map and data screens
- Access detailed data about airports and waypoints
- Add waypoints en route
- Change destination en route
- Enable GPS in your OBI and autopilot
- Use en route, terminal, and approach phases
- And much more
Enjoy the Advantages of GPS Navigation
- Makes navigating easier and precise
- Enables direct routing
- Shows position, distances, speeds, and estimated times
- Removes guesswork
- Minimizes navigation errors
- Saves time
- Improves fuel efficiency
Use GPS Devices in These MSFS Aircraft
- Cessna 172 Skyhawk
- CT Supralight
- Cub Crafter
- DA40 TDI
- Flight Design CTSL
- ICON A5
- Robin CAP 10
Learn From an Instructional Video
- Deliberately designed and constructed
- Well organized
- Scripted and edited narration
- Separate screens for each step
- Animated highlights for key concepts
- Clear explanations for everything
Compatible With Popular Software and Operating Systems
- Uses common video players that play MP4 videos such as:
- Windows Media Player
- Quick Time
- Instructions for use are included.
- Duration 10 minutes
- File size 275 MB
Three bonus items are included free for quick and easy reference:
- Transcript of the entire video
- Keyboard shortcut list for MSFS 2020
- V-Speed card
Version 1.1 Updates
All audio narrations have been improved for the highest quality and best user experience. Instructions are clarified. More freebies are included.
Focus and Limits
This video focuses on using the GPS 530 and 430 devices for basic cross-country navigation in Microsoft Flight Simulator® 2020. Principles and methods can be applied to similar GPS devices in other home flight-simulation programs. It does not explain flight planning, use of autopilots, following instrument approach procedures, or any other skill not specifically promised in this product description.
My flight-sim videos and books are only for home flight-simulation computer games. They are based on real aviation laws, regulations, and procedures so home flight-simulation enthusiasts can maximize their enjoyment. Because some aspects of home flight-simulation games are not exactly like real-world aviation, some information in my videos and books is not exactly like real-world flight. That is why these videos and books are not intended for and should not be used for real-world flight or lessons. We accept no liability for any misuse of these flight-simulation videos and books.
Every effort has been expended to make sure your video is the quality you deserve.
- Meticulously planned
- Thoroughly researched
- Independently verified for accuracy
- Separately reviewed for quality
As a professional management consultant, I trained people in workplaces for more than 30 years. I began publishing books about home flight simulation in 1997 and videos in 2010. As a professional and experienced trainer, I invest a lot of effort and time toward making quality products that are useful to people.
- Any video with manufacturing defects will be replaced at no cost.
- If you can show that the content of this video is not as described herein, your money will be refunded.
- If you find facts that you believe are in error, please let me know so I can evaluate them.
- If you have suggestions for improvement, please share them with me.
My full guarantee is included in the package and can be made available by request. – Bill Stack
TopSkills publishes tutorial videos and self-instructional books to help home flight-simulation enthusiasts maximize enjoyment of their hobby by applying real-world aviation principles and techniques.
The business was formed in 1987 by Bill Stack as a management-consulting practice. Between 1987 and 2012, Bill consulted to government and private-sector auditing organizations including inspectors general and internal auditors.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.