Using ATC for IFR in MSFS (2020) Tutorial Video
In the real world of aviation, Air Traffic Control (ATC) is an essential service that ensures the safe flow of air traffic, while also providing weather reports and other advice that keeps pilots and their passengers safe in the air. Read more...
- Stand Alone (Video file)
- File size
- 875 MB
- Video Length
- 31:00 Minutes
Users of Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020 can learn how to make their virtual flights more realistic by learning how to interact and communicate with ATC in the virtual world.
The 31-minute video (broken up into two parts covering ground IFR procedures and aerial IFR procedures respectively) covers all aspects of interacting with Air Traffic Control, including how to communicate with the Ground Control, Departure Control, Approach Control, and the Air Route Traffic Control Centers. The user will also learn how to receive and communicate weather reports and updates.
There is also a thorough tutorial in the Air Traffic Control functions for instrument flights such as requests and clearances, as well as instructions, reports, and readbacks, and how to communicate IFR in all relevant airspaces to both controlled and uncontrolled airports, on the ground, and en route.
The user will also learn how to adhere to basic Air Traffic Control procedures, ranging from how to contact ATC, requesting and receiving IFR clearance to fly and for taxiing, to handing off to other ATC jurisdictions, receiving weather reports, and canceling IFR.
The tutorial will also go over the basics such as the official ATC definitions, IFO airspaces, and the difference between real and simulated ATC. There are further lessons on weather, frequencies, and other ATC services.
This tutorial applies to any aircraft that normally fly IFR, including the Airbus A320, the Cessna 172, 208B, and CJ4, the Beech Baron, Bonanza, and King Air, the Boeing 747, the Daher TBM 930, the Diamond DA40, and DA62, as well as any other aircraft with suitable instruments.
The video features the professional training skills of Bill Stack of TopSkills and is well-scripted, narrated, and edited with crystal clear audio. The download also features a transcript of the entire video, a keyboard shortcut list for MSFS 2020, and a V-Speed Card.
It is compatible with the most popular software and operating systems such as Windows Media Player, Quick Time, RealPlayer, and WinAmp.
- 31-minute tutorial video covering all aspects of interacting with Air Traffic Control
- Learn how to communicate with the control, departure, and approach towers, as well as receive and relay weather information
- Full tutorial in using Air Traffic Control functions for instrument flights (requests, clearances, readbacks, etc.)
- Full tutorial in basic Air Traffic Control procedures
- Lesson in communicating IFR in all relevant airspaces
- Tutorial on how to use the ATC menu
- Applicable for all aircraft that fly IFR
- Compatible with most popular software and operating systems (Windows Media Player, Quick Time, RealPlayer, WinAmp, etc.)
- Features the professional skills of Bill Stack of TopSkills
- Also included are a transcript of the entire video, a keyboard shortcut list for MSFS 2020, and a V-Speed Card.
TopSkills publishes tutorial videos and self-instructional books to help home flight-simulation enthusiasts maximize enjoyment of their hobby by applying real-world aviation principles and techniques.
The business was formed in 1987 by Bill Stack as a management-consulting practice. Between 1987 and 2012, Bill consulted to government and private-sector auditing organizations including inspectors general and internal auditors.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.