Piper Cherokee 180F for FSX2 reviews
- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X
- File size
- 26 MB
Perhaps one of the most easily recognizable, the Piper family of aircraft has been in service for over 50 years. Carenado have immortalized this Piper Cherokee 180F by introducing it to the simulated world of Microsoft Flight Simulator X. Easily accessible as an immediate download and compatible with SP2, Acceleration and DX10.
With a total of four distinctive, super realistic liveries, you'll have plenty of choice over the design of your new Cherokee 180F. Designed by mirroring original Piper paint designs and achieving good accuracy in the process. Smart texture mapping is used to generate realistic reflections and make the light react to the all metal surface. Even adding in some stunning blooms, which help create a strong synergy between the aircraft and the environment around it. These dynamic effects are also affected by artificial lights, such as your navigation lights and beacons, giving this aircraft strong visuals in all conditions. With two models, either one or two persons on board, you're given a lot of options with this package.
A host of details bring this aircraft up to a high standard and make the overall 3D model much more realistic, improving your flight experience. From transparent windows that allow you take in more sights while exploring exciting new scenery, to full moving parts including doors, ailerons and rolling wheels. While the 3D modeled interactive virtual cockpit, also featuring a 3D modeled pilot, is packed with custom gauges and a custom panel. The internal dynamic shadows used here really boost the atmosphere and make the cockpit experience more enjoyable, as everything feels good, looks good and functions correctly. Night light effects on the panel cause the various gauges and readouts to stand out in the dark and keep things easily readable.
To make sure that they matched the unique feel of the Cherokee 180F, Carenado constructed the dynamics for this model using their first hand experience of the aircraft, Pipers pilot observation and original documents. The result is a beautifully modeled aircraft that has accurate weight and balance, and behaves similarly to its real life counterpart. Smooth animations and textures that reveal a lot of detail offer more reason to consider keeping this aircraft in service by adding it to your collection.
ONLY FOR FSX. PA28 Cherokee 180F. DEVELOPED ONLY FOR FSX. SUPPORTS SP2, ACCELERATION PACK and DX10.
New FSX features:
- external dynamic shadows
- internal dynamic shadows on VC
- normal mapping
- specular mapping and bloom lights.
- Four different textures with maximum details and realistic textures.
- Interactive virtual cockpit
- Full moving parts: Ailerons, elevators, rudders, flaps, rolling wheels
- Opening doors
- Navigation lights, beacons, landing lights
- Full dynamic effects (shines over the body and panel, nightlights)
- Dynamic shine and reflections
- Transparent windows
- 3D modeled pilot and cockpit area
- Real Propeller
- Many details as: pitot pressure chamber, antennas, fuel tank.... etc
- Realistic textures and original Piper paint design
- Custom panel and gauges.
- Realistic light effects on gauges
- Nightlight effects on panel
- Full checklist and reference text about the Flight Dynamics
- Realistic performance based on Piper’s documents and experimented Piper’s pilot observations...and our own experience on real flight and MSFS.
- Similar behavior comparative with the real airplane.
- Real weight and balance.
- 1 and 2 persons on board.
Rated 5.0/5.0 based on 2 customer reviews
5/5 Verified Purchase
I installed Piper Cherokee 180 because I had the pleasure to drive it on FS2004 long ago. And always I must say I am pleased to remember for its cozy cabin, elegant, pleasant to drive. The ease of driving the Cherokee will win and you can spend hours in flight. It's like a small limousine by a beautifully refined interior with leather seats ... brings to mind an old Jaguar style dashboard with the briar ..a bit like stepping back in the 60's .... 70 ..a nice touch of elegance.
5/5 Verified Purchase
Please keep in mind this is only the second payware aircraft I've purchased. Overall, this is a great aircraft. Very realistic and fun to fly. Actually when you compare this to freeware models, the only difference is it handles much better...looks much better and downloads in seconds instead of minutes. I LOVE IT! I have already made the decision to start getting more payware models!