RAF Upper Heyford Scenery for FSX/P3D1 reviews
During the Cold War, Upper Heyford served as a base for United States Air Force Strategic Air Command (SAC) bombers and United States Air Forces In Europe (USAFE) tactical reconnaissance and fighter aircraft. Read more...
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D v3/v4
- File size
- 102 MB
- Team SDB
Upper Heyford was unique among bases in the United Kingdom as only the flight-line area required military identification to access. The rest of the base, save the commercial facilities, was accessible to military and nonmilitary alike.
The Team SDB version of RAF Upper Heyford represents the air base in the 1980s/early 1990s when it was home to the 20th Tactical Fighter Wing (55th, 77th, 79th Tactical Fighter Squadrons) flying the General Dynamics F-111E.
The scenery consists of:
- Photo-real background texture of base
- The scenery is aligned with Horizon VFR Photographic Scenery
- Full complement of hangars and Hardened Aircraft Shelters
- Technical site and accommodations representative of the period
- Operational night lighting
- Dynamic night lighting in Prepar3D v4
- AI and static General Dynamics F-111E
- Visiting C-130s and C-141B
- The static aircraft and AI densities are scalable to suit most systems.
- Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP w/SP2 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (SP2/Acceleration or Flight Simulator X Gold)
- Dovetail Games FSX-SE
- Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v3 or v4
- CPU 2.4Ghz or better
- 2Gb RAM Minimum
- 512 MB DX9 or DX10 Graphics Card or better
- 100 MB hard disk space for download, 240 MB for installation
Team SDB donate a percentage of their revenue to Help For Heroes.
About Team SDB
Team SDB, a joint effort from developers based in the UK and USA but primarily consisting of Mike Dews in the UK and Frank Safranek in the USA have been developing flight simulator scenery add-ons for over a decade. Originally beginning with work published by Alphasim (Phil Perrott) also known for Virtavia, they now release independantly.
Team SDB generally focus on UK/US airfields, airbases and military precenses and bring them to life as scenery add-ons in the simulators. They have released many titles that have been well received by the community compatible with a range of simulators such FS2004, FSX and Prepar3D. They also have other projects releases such as aircraft carrier add-ons compatible with the latest sims.
Team SDB also hope to remaster and release their scenery add-on portfolio for the new Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020 release.
Rated 5.0/5.0 based on 1 customer reviews
5/5 Verified Purchase
awesome. I lived nearby in the active days of the airfield and this is a great representation of how it used to be.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.