RAF Finningley Scenery for FSX/P3D
RAF Finningley is a former Royal Flying Corps and Royal Air Force station near Doncaster in South Yorkshire, UK. Finningley is best known from the 1960s as one of Britain's V-Bomber stations and for its Battle of Britain airshows.With the departure of the V-Bomber force from Finningley in 1970 the airfield reverted to training / Royal Air Force Support Command. Read more...
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D v3/v4
- File size
- 67 MB
- Team SDB
RAF Finningley closed as a Royal Air Force station in 1995 and was decommissioned in 1996. The airfield has since been developed into an international airport named Doncaster Sheffield Airport or more fondly known as "Robin Hood Airport".
This scenery of RAF Finningley by Team SDB represents the base during the mid-1960s when Vulcans of 230 Operational Conversion Unit were finished in both camouflage and all white anti-flash paint. To the east of the base is the Bloodhound Missile Squadron at Misson Springs.
The scenery consists of:
- Full complement of hangars and support buildings
- Technical site and accommodation representative of the period
- Custom ground overlay
- Operational night lighting
- Dynamic night lighting in Prepar3D v4
- Static and AI Avro Vulcan B Mk2 bombers
- Bristol Bloodhound Mk II missiles
- Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP w/SP2 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X/SP2/Acceleration or Flight Simulator X Gold
- or Dovetail Games FSX-SE
- or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v3 or v4
- CPU 2.4Ghz or better
- 2Gb RAM Minimum
- 512 MB DX9 or DX10 Graphics Card or better
- 65 MB for download, 103 MB for installation
Team SDB donates a portion of revenues from its products to UK Help for Heroes.
About Team SDB
Team SDB, a joint effort from developers based in the UK and USA but primarily consisting of Mike Dews in the UK and Frank Safranek in the USA have been developing flight simulator scenery add-ons for over a decade. Originally beginning with work published by Alphasim (Phil Perrott) also known for Virtavia, they now release independantly.
Team SDB generally focus on UK/US airfields, airbases and military precenses and bring them to life as scenery add-ons in the simulators. They have released many titles that have been well received by the community compatible with a range of simulators such FS2004, FSX and Prepar3D. They also have other projects releases such as aircraft carrier add-ons compatible with the latest sims.
Team SDB also hope to remaster and release their scenery add-on portfolio for the new Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020 release.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.