- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D v3/v4
- File size
- 67 MB
RAF Leconfield, known for a time as 'Leconfield Camp' was a Royal Air Force station in Leconfield, East Riding of Yorkshire, England. Leconfield opened in December 1936 as part of RAF Bomber Command with Handley Page Heyford bombers from No. 166 Squadron using the airfield from January 1937 until early September 1939. That same September, the first night of the war, ten Whitley bombers from Leconfield became the first British aircraft to penetrate German airspace, dropping propaganda leaflets over Germany.
In the 1950s Leconfield was a 'dispersal base' for the RAF V bomber force. Also, it was home to the Central Gunnery School.
In June 1959, 19 Squadron arrived with their Hawker Hunter F.6's before being re-equipped with the English Electric Lightning F.2 in December 1962. They were joined by No. 92 Squadron in early 1963. Conversion was aided by the Lightning Conversion Squadron (later renamed 226 Operational Conversion Unit) flying the two seat T.4 trainer. Both 19 and 92 transferred to RAF G¸tersloh in West Germany in 1965. Leconfield then became home to No. 60 Maintenance Unit (MU). 60 MU was responsible for the major servicing of the English Electric/BAC Lightnings.
The Team SDB scenery represents RAF Leconfield during the early to mid-1960ís with Lightning F.2ís of 19 and 92 Squadrons and 226 OCU, and Westland Whirlwind SAR helicopters of 228 Squadron.
The scenery consists of:
- Enhanced aerial view ground polygon
- Aligned with VFR Photographic Scenery
- Full complement of hangars and support buildings
- Technical site and accommodation representative of the period
- Operational night lighting
- Dynamic night lighting in Prepar3D v4
- The scenery object densities are scaleable to suit most systems
- Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP w/SP2 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Flight Simulator X (Acceleration, Gold or SP2 required)
- or Dovetail Games FSX-SE or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D
- CPU 2.4Ghz or better
- 2Gb RAM Minimum
- 512 MB DX9 or DX10 Graphics Card or better
- 71MB for download, 80MB for installation
Team SDB donates a portion of revenues from its products to UK Help for Heroes.