Piper PA-42 Cheyenne III for FSX/P3D1 reviews
*Fully compatible with P3Dv5 however please follow the installation instructions here. Read more...
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D v2, v3, v4, v5*
- File size
- 740 MB
The Piper PA-42 is a hugely impressive aircraft, especially for one released in the late 1970s!
While it was continued over 20 years ago in terms of production, it holds a special place in many pilot' hearts. This powerful turboprop aircraft really caught the eye in the day, and today it still makes a journey enjoyable. Developed by Carenado, this take on the Cheyenne III delivers a very clear take on a much-loved aircraft.
With total FSX and P3D integration up to v4, this is a widely compatible aircraft add-on that you can utilize. You'll also get access to the Carenado GNS530, or the Reality XP GNS 530 if you own it and use FSX. On top of the complete control over everything from start-up options to the view you get when doing so, this add-on leaves the fate of the journey in your hands.
Many smart effects are included, from take-off run and landing solutions as well a dynamic propeller shine effects. Each one adds to the visual appeal, while the simulation improvements ensure this proves a challenging aircraft to control. You can easily hear the aircraft roaring into life, with new custom sounds for both taxi and landing runs letting you hear the brakes kick into life.
Add in the new simulation features of genuinely feeling your torque fail, and this is a fun education aircraft alongside simulation for experts. Pilots and co-pilots can be turned on/off, too, making sure you always have total control over what features are on/off when you take to the skies.
With so many features accessible to you that usually would not be, this is a great choice for virtual pilots who enjoy a degree of freedom and customization with every flight.
- Total integration with both Reality XP and Carenado GNS530 add-ons for greater immersion and simpler control.
- Autopilot content is used to make sure you are left with a very easy way to control the aircraft as you would on any default model.
- Extremely detailed 4096 x 4096 quality textures make sure every part of the aircraft looks as detailed as present simulation allows.
- Volumetric side-view prop effect is great for snapping shots and taking in a wildly impressive view below.
- The authentic sound package makes it much easier than ever before to tell what your aircraft is doing before you see it!
- Panels can be adjusted and changed as needed. Alter window transparency, instrument reflections and static elements for the most comfortable experience you can imagine.
- Aircraft behavior is based on the genuine style of the real Piper PA-42, following weight, balance and performance metrics closely.
- Undergone close testing by real pilots to ensure that cockpit space, model scale and even lighting effects are as close to authentic as is possible.
As part of this package, you get access to an impressively detailed model, as well as five HD liveries to pick from. Fancy developing your own livery? You can do so with ease using the HD blank livery included.
The new range of PDF documents makes it easy to mater the Piper PA-42, as well. Normal and Emergency procedures to Performance Tables, References, and Recommended Settings are all covered, too.
Making use of the Carenado GNS530? This provides a full PDF guide for using that add-on, too!
Make sure you can use this add-on to its maximum potential with this array of guides provided alongside the release.
Carenado is a household name in the flight sim industry. If you're bought flight sim payware add-ons before, you've likely heard of Carenado. Founded in 2001 by Fernando Herrera, Carenado has covered aircraft add-ons for FS98 right up to the brand new MSFS release of 2020. Carenado is based in Santiago, Chile, and has a team of developers, designers, and 3D modelers.
Known for the prop and turboprop models that they are famous for and have focused on, they also have small business jets in their add-on portfolio too. They have even developed a model for the Dassault Falcon 50EX - likely their largest.
They have received numerous awards and accolations in the flight sim community over the years. Their support team are always on-hand and responses are always answered in timely manner.
Rated 5.0/5.0 based on 1 customer reviews
5/5 Verified Purchase
A beautiful plane that flies perfect. The instrument panel works for that period of plane with the HSI and selectable two needle RMI. Also has a nice Garmin com/nav with moving map display.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.