Fokker F27 Friendship 100/200/300 for FSX/P3D1 reviews
- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D (including v4)
- File size
- 300 MB
The F27 'Friendship' was designed and first flown in the 1950s and is still in service today, such is its reliability and versatility.
This package for FSX, FSX: Steam Edition and P3D includes the -100, -200 and -300 variants along with 12 high quality airline liveries from around the globe and combines all the latest modelling and texturing techniques with accurate flight dynamics and realistic sounds to bring you an authentic simulation of this iconic aircraft!
Each model has been built over the most accurate available plans and the unique ear-piercing sound of the Rolls-Royce Dart turboprop engines is are faithfully reproduced.
An authentic virtual cockpit has been built with ease of operation in mind and reflects a typical example of the aircraft. Also included are boarding steps, a baggage tug with its trollies and a Ground Power Unit (GPU) with sound.
- Highly functional 3D cockpits with virtually all of the hundreds of switches, knobs and levers animated and functional. Many gauges are modelled in 3D for smooth operation.
- Equipment and features are drawn from a number of types to give the best combination of features and usability.
- Full cockpit lighting with atmospheric instrument backlighting.
- Special ‘baked’ textures have been used to present a well-used look and feel to the cockpit area and controls.
- Avionics include autopilot functionality from the operating period with NAV and ILS approaches, VOR and ADF receivers and displays, transponder and a full communications suite.
- Many features have been added to help with ‘usability’ such as switches to hide the control yokes for a better view of the instruments and pre-set angled views for the overhead panel, throttle quadrant and radios.
- Numerous warning annunciators will illuminate on fault detection and a fully functional engine fire warning and protection/extinguishing system are built into the cockpit. If you get an engine fire warning, pull the fire handle and the fire will be extinguished.
- Electrical systems have been authentically modelled to enable correct engine starts.
- Instruments include all the regular flying necessities including Artificial Horizon Indicator (AHI) with flight director, fully functional Horizontal Situation Indicator (HSI) with dual Navigation capability, VOR and ADF, Radio Altimeter and a full working suite of engine gauges.
- Full avionics and comms package included with detailed, tuneable radio heads and realistic digit read-outs.
- The F27 can be flown IFR and is capable of ILS approaches and all conventional navigation procedures.
- The characteristic HPC (High Pressure Cock) lever control system is simulated including the 'flight-fine' and 'below lock' propeller warning lights.
- Realistic 'cold and dark' cockpit starts are possible.
- Unique seat-view adjustment utility panel allows infinite settings for the preferred view position when in the cockpit.
- Pre-set camera views for all essential stations.
- Comprehensive electrical and fuel system panels.
- On/Off nose-wheel steering and authentic flap selection, trimming and other controls are simulated.
- Operating blinking oxygen supply indicator
- Windscreens are textured with reflective effects and display 'Perspex splintering' when viewed in direct sunlight.
- Specular map to give realistic light effects on the aircraft surfaces
- Bump mapping to give a more realistic 3D effect to aircraft liveries
- Built over the most accurate plans available
Many detailed animations include:
- Accurate landing gear operations
- Authentic flap action
- Spring balance tabs
- Trim tabs
- Windshield wipers
- Cargo door
- Passenger and ground services doors
- Opening Clearview pilots’ windows.
- Feathering propeller blades
- Animated pilots
- Ground Power (GPU), baggage tug and trollies, passenger steps
VARIANTS AND LIVERIES
- Aer Lingus – EI-AKD
- Aviaco – EC-BNJ
- Air New Zealand – ZK-BXG
- NLM – PH-FHF
- Air Anglia – G-BAUR
- Air UK – G-STAN
- Ansett – VH-FNW
- British Midland – G-BMAU
- DLT – D-BAKU
- NLM CityHopper – PH-KFH
- Northwest Airlink (Mesaba Airlines) – N276MA
-300 (with cargo door)
- East-West Airlines - VH-MMB
Flight files for the F27 Friendship have been tested and verified by real-world F27 aircrew.
The distinctive whistling Rolls-Royce Dart turboprop engine sounds have been captured to give the utmost realism in full stereo along with switch click and knob effect sounds.
A comprehensive cockpit guide and flight tutorial is provided in illustrated PDF format.
Rated 3.0/5.0 based on 1 customer reviews
3/5 Verified Purchase
Good flying characteristic but needs work in cockpit. The yoke pulling back and pushing works fine but the wheel is stuck full left turn and does not move. Needs to be repaired and let us who pay notice when fix is done. Otherwise if that where fixed you would be a good. Otherwise canít do any better the 3rd button.