747-200/300 HD for FSX/P3D3 reviews
- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X & Prepar3D
- File size
- 812 MB
As arguably the most recognizable airliner on the planet, the 747 range of aircraft has long been a part of aviation – and simulation – history. Not only does it help to lock in the importance of flying properly with an aircraft but it makes it easy to fly it in the right manner thanks to the immense level of changes.
This take on the 747 makes sure it goes back to the heritage of the aircraft for the utmost realism and class. Having been around for close to 50 years now, the airliner has been regularly changed, updated and improved. This mod, though, looks to pay homage to various elements of the 747 life-span.
Thanks to the quality of work by Commercial Level Simulations, you can get all the help that you need in flying the 200 and 300 editions of the Boeing at its very best. Inside, you get access to a wealth of new changes and improvements which are sure to lock in and cement your love for this class of aircraft evermore!
- Easier to fly than many mods out there, this takes you to a higher level of realism without needing you to go and sit flight exams to fly them properly!
- 57 high definition airline liveries that look outstanding and manage to deliver the safest and simplest look possible without ever taking away from the detail.
- 50 new cockpit sounds that roar out of the aircraft, giving you everything from engine noises to system sounds and First Officers talking.
- Engine reverser spray effects to help add a unique level of realism to the aircrafts performance.
- 3D landing and runway lighting.
- A fully operational 3D virtual cockpit for simple use and management.
- 2D panels with custom gauges.
- 24 model versions all of which are DX10 compatible.
- Options for viewing wings from the interior if you wish.
- Dynamic wing flex for added realism and usage.
- Detailed flight deck from both interior and exterior.
- Authentic new flight animations that capture everything from the doors working to rudders and elevators coming to life – even the spoiler’s move!
- A high quality set of changes to the engines to make sure they are modeled properly. Each of the engine formats – RR, P&W and GE – all work and look as they should.
- Wings with later fairing versions are included to give you more options than before.
- Great camera angles included.
This mod comes with some brilliant new changes and improvements to the aircraft models itself to ensure you get the utmost authenticity. One major improvement you will get is on both included models – the 200 and 300 versions – with Passenger, Combi and Cargo included. The models are based on realistic photorealistic virtual cockpit versions of the real thing, as well as including major aircraft features to make your overall flight more comfortable.
With XML-coded landing gears as well for a higher level of overall visual performance and flight stability, you get a truly balanced mod here that makes sure you can fly easier and enjoy it whilst doing so!
This mod includes many improvements to how this aircraft mod should work. For example, it introduces useful changes to realism such as;
- Custom 3D landing and runway lights.
- New animations that look brilliant on every side of the aircraft.
- New control surfaces that are working such as rudders, elevators and spoilers.
- Fully DX10 compatible.
- Custom engine reverser spray effects.
- Engine start-up smoke for authenticity.
- Tyre and wet runway effects.
- Touchdown tyre smoke effects.
- Fire and sparks from the underbelly if you over-rotate during flight.
- Burning rubber for added value.
- Inspection lights.
- A dynamic wing flex.
Major improvements to the textures have been included which do a great job of selling the overall image of the aircraft. With 57 HD liveries include that go the extra mile in making the aircraft look the part, this is just what you need!
It also includes new changes such as dynamic shine effects, highly detailed texture mapping without having to reduce framerates or performance, and even layered paint kits. If you want to make your own liveries then you can do so – you just need to have a working knowledge of how to use Adobe PhotoShop or similar.
Flight Dynamic Improvements
The flight dynamics are a major element of making sure that you get the best flight possible, and this does just that to capture that feeling and effect. The new flight dynamics changes include;
- 747 FDE changes based on looking at genuine flight documentation for the aircraft.
- Differing location, weight, cargo and fuel specs to capture the right balance of weight for the aircraft.
- Improvements to the overall FDE for specific airframe variant and engine type systems are included to further enhance the overall aircraft performance are included.
- New performance changes based on performance charts are included. This means that new changes such as different engine mount points per engine, different engine performance types and different performance per 747 variants are include here.
- All fuel and weight stations are a major inclusion, too, using real-world documentation to capture this element perfectly.
- ‘True Feel’ is managed into the download to ensure that every element feels genuine and realistic when flying.
One of the most interesting elements of this mod is the inclusion of the new sounds. This high fidelity sound set looks to use the real noises of the General Electric, Rolls-Royce and Pratt & Whitney models to the true effect.
Planning & Flight Management
One of the major improvements of this modification has been the introduction of a new system for flight planning and management. For example, you now get access to a high-end level of flight planning via;
- Dedicated Flight Tutorials. By using a default payload you have to fly to a certain point using various conditions to help you manage ease of use of the flight.
- Default Flight Planners. This will help you manage the flight itself and keep track of anything you need to in a flight/fuel planner for simplicity and ease of use of your flight.
You also get various changes to the inner working of the aircraft, including alterations to the panels and the virtual cockpit. As major elements of controlling your flight, these new changes offer you;
- A high-end 2D instrument panel that looks excellent and performs even better. This is the ideal solution for anyone who needs a classy and simple high-quality 2D instrument panel.
- Virtual cockpit with operations that can be started with just the click of a mouse, making it exceptionally easy to manage and maintain.
- Full analogue pilot controls with co-pilot and flight engineer systems to help you manage this part of the flight, too.
- Major improvements to the overhead, quadrant and radio panels to help improve usability even more.
- A new flight engineers station which has expanded pop-up panels for simple, easy viewing.
Another major change to this mod has also been the use of a new flight management computer (FMC) system that sticks. With this, you get limited functionality including;
- The ability to use and manage SIDs and STARs in the Microsoft Flight Simulator database for added authenticity.
- Radio and navigation frequency entries to help you stay on track and manage your flights with all available tools.
- V-Speed calculations that go a very long way to making sure you can get all the help that you need in staying on track during your fight.
- A waypoint system that can help direct you to where you are going, helping you get around directional and navigational issues.
- A progress display so that you know just how close to your objective you are – or think you are!
- An estimated level of the fuel on board and much more, helping you stay well on track.
A major part of this system was that it included many new liveries. Given that liveries tend to play a major role in helping us fly the kind of aircraft that we desired, these hugely helpful contributions will be very useful to many.
Some of the included liveries are as follows for each of the particular models included.
747-200 General Electric
- Royal Jordanian
747-200 Pratt & Whitney
- Air Canada
- British Airways (Landor)
- China Airlines
- Japan Airlines
- Qantas (Old)
- Trans World Airlines
747-200 Rolls Royce
- Air New Zealand
- British Airways
- Cathay Pacific
- Virgin Atlantic
747-200F with General Electric
- Air France Cargo
747-200F with Pratt & Whitney
- JAL Cargo
747-200M with Pratt & Whitney
(All other versions of the 747-200 merely use the ‘Home’ version of the aircraft.)
747-300 with General Electric
- Mahan Air
747-300 with Pratt & Whitney
- Travel City
747-300 with Rolls Royce
(All other versions of the 747-300 merely use the ‘Home’ version of the aircraft.)
747-300 Cargo with General Electric
- Atlas Air
- Martinair Cargo
(All other versions of the 747-300 Cargo merely use the ‘Home’ version of the aircraft.)
Rated 3.7/5.0 based on 3 customer reviews
3/5 Verified Purchase
Using FSX, Nvidia 7 series GPU, I-7 CPU, 16 Gig Ram.
Aircraft liveries are not the best for a HD upgrade? Cockpit is slightly improved over previous FSX issue. Co-pilot call-outs are a nice touch, aircraft handles well. However, I feel the price is not worth the quality offered.
Yeah so, did you come to get a pay ware 747 cause all the others are just repaints? Probs, yh? Well, this is no repaint. This is something good
4/5 Verified Purchase
There are no liveries bro. Other than that, it is pretty useful and surprisingly not a repaint.