690B Turbo Commander for FSX/P3D2 reviews
*Fully compatible with P3Dv5 however please follow the installation instructions here. Read more...
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D v4, v5*
- File size
- 600 MB
As one of the most impressive aircraft of its kind, the 690B Turbo Commander is a model that many will be desperate to try out. This is fully suitable with FSX and P3D in equal measure. With full Flight1 GTN 750 integration, too, this makes sure you are left with an aircraft that is very easy to control. The addition of Carenado GNS 530 and Reality XP GNS530 integration for FSX users makes a big difference, too.
Prefer an authentic flight? Then use the Cold/Dark start-up selection to make every flight begin as you please. Snap special shots from the windows using the side-view prop effect to really take control of your view when flying, too. The take-off run and landing real rolling movements help to add a much-needed level of realism and appropriate challenge, as well!
Many new options have been included to help raise that challenge to a new level, too. For example, this comes with a whole new over-torque feature. If you use too much torque, then you can cause the system to fail and this means you need to be even more vigilant when managing your aircraft.
Want to hide the pilot or keep them there? You can do so with relative ease. This 690B Turbo Commander release by Carenado does all it can to leave the very essence of your aviation experience in your own hands.
It's a must-have for those looking for something a touch different to the normal 690B Turbo Commander. With such attention to detail in both design and command, this is a must-have for those who love authenticity and attention to detail.
- 4096 x 4096 HD quality textures ensure you can see the true quality of the build of the 690B Turbo Commander.
- Volumetric side view prop effects ensure you can get some breath-taking views mid-flight.
- Real 690B Turbo Commander sound effects can really create a deeply impressive experience that helps to add to immersion and atmosphere in equal measure.
- Totally customizable and fully controllable panels. Set up the cockpit in the perfect way that you would like!
- This helps you to easily control window transparency, spot instrument reflections and manage all static elements such as sight props and wheel chocks.
- Fully integrated with both the Carenado GNS530 and full Reality XP integration if needed.
- Original autopilot system is installed for a classically enjoyable aviation experience.
- Authentic aircraft behavior in line with the quality that you would have expected.
- Weight and balance are as close to the real thing as is possible.
- Night lighting improved in the cockpit for better and more realistic visibility.
- Tested out by real pilots to ensure that the 690B Turbo Commander lives up to expectation.
- 6 HD new liveries are added to help you get your choice of different looks and views when flying.
- 1 HD livery for those with Photoshop skills who would like to create their own fictional design!
- Emergency Checklist and Normal Procedure PDFs help you stay perfectly on track.
- Performance Tables can help you see the full scope of the 690B Turbo Commander.
- Reference documentation for easy understanding of your aircraft.
- Avidyne Multi-Function Display option for the perfect management of this new feature.
- Carenado GNS530 PDF for simple understanding of how to help manage the aircraft.
- Recommended settings to help give you the best performance within FSX/P3D.
Carenado is a household name in the flight sim industry. If you're bought flight sim payware add-ons before, you've likely heard of Carenado. Founded in 2001 by Fernando Herrera, Carenado has covered aircraft add-ons for FS98 right up to the brand new MSFS release of 2020. Carenado is based in Santiago, Chile, and has a team of developers, designers, and 3D modelers.
Known for the prop and turboprop models that they are famous for and have focused on, they also have small business jets in their add-on portfolio too. They have even developed a model for the Dassault Falcon 50EX - likely their largest.
They have received numerous awards and accolations in the flight sim community over the years. Their support team are always on-hand and responses are always answered in timely manner.
Rated 5.0/5.0 based on 2 customer reviews
5/5 Verified Purchase
I have a love for high wing aircraft, especially high wing twins, and was really excited to get this one after flying the freeware Rockwell 500. After about 10 hours of flying, I must say I really like this plane. I like the MU-2B-60 just a tad more, but this bird is a lot of fun.
Interior: Really nice detail, and era-appropriate. Pretty much everything is clickable. I usually fly with my VC completely zoomed out for better depth of field, but with this plane I usually go one less due to the smaller size of the gauges.
Exterior: More great detail and a nice assortment of liveries. Good animation for all of the functions.
Sounds: REALLY DECENT. Nice audible change when altering the condition, and the transitions throughout the throttle phases are seamless. No shoddy, obvious loops. ATC vol could be louder, but that just may be me failing to adjust something.
Ground manners: I've never flown one of these, but I understand that they are not easy to control on the ground. Throttle can be a bit touchy, but I found that ground idle plus a few taps of Ctrl F3 gives you just the right roll speed. Just be careful steering and L/R braking.
Flight manners: Lovely, she's a real treat to fly. Climbs like a beast and gets you to cruising speed with ease. Only one complaint: The AP fights with my Force Feedback joystick when I hit turbulence. I thinks it's a result of the AP trim fighting to stay true. Descends like a sports car. Hi RPM, drop the throttle and glide her down. Empty of passengers, she makes short work of small runways (I've only flown with pilot and copilot weighed in). The ability to touch down at low speed plus beta props make her a short runway queen. I landed with nearly full tanks at a small island runway (KAVX Catalina) with room to spare.
If you're a fan of slightly goofy looking turbo high wings, this is a fun plane to get!
I cannot find out what kind of a/p is described in your description " the original autopilot " Appreciate if you could tell me more before I buy this aircraft Sorry ...but this is only way I know of contacting you.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.