AC11 Commander 114 for FSX & Prepar3D2 reviews
Carenado's AC11 Commander 114 takes attention to detail to another level and delivers the highest quality experience possible within the limits of Microsoft Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D. Even if you already run your simulator with all the sliders set to max, this will still surprise you. Read more...
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D including v4
- File size
- 56.7 MB
A polygon optimized model has allowed for an amazingly detailed model that looks fantastic, with smooth edges and subtleties abound, without damaging your frame rates. Featuring external dynamic shadows and intelligent mapping, the exterior of the model comes to life in the simulated environment; lights react to the metals realistically and the shadows help the model achieve a true 3D feel. A total of five bright and clean liveries give you some esthetic options, all of which compliment the Commanders shape, and the work that's gone into the model. High quality digital stereo sounds have been recorded from the real aircraft to add authenticity and depth to your experience.
A vast array of moving parts and animations round out the aircrafts character and help it become a part of the world around it. Little touches that are gradually becoming the norm for Carenado, such as animated sun visors, help form a more entertaining cockpit environment, making it very easy to immerse yourself into the experience and have a ton of fun. Inside the interactive virtual cockpit, you'll find a Garmin 29 GPS and a Century III autopilot. As well as separate switches for instrument lights and cabin lights, so you don't have to be completely illuminated if you don't want to be. And a customizable panel allows you to control certain static elements, such as pilot covers and wheel chocks, as well as window transparency so that you can tailor your visual experience more to your liking.
With everything else so well executed, you can be sure that the same can be said of the flight dynamics; Carenado's Commander behaves like the real thing, and accurately represents its weight and balance. If you're looking for something that's really going to impress, then this fully loaded package is well worth consideration, as Carenado's Commander is visually stunning and great fun to fly.
- Five liveries plus a plain white aircraft
- 3D gauges
- Customizable panel for controlling windows transparency and static elements such as wheel chocks, pitot cover and sights props
- Original HQ digital stereo sounds recorded directly from the real aircraft
- Garmin 295 GPS
- Century III autopilot flight system
- Pop-up Commander 114 PDF manual with Normal and Emergency Procedures, Performance tables, Quick Reference table, Century III Autopilot manual and Operations Tips
Tested by real Commander 114 pilots
- Realistic night lights effect on virtual cockpit
- FSX features: external dynamic shadows, internal dynamic shadows on VC, volumetric normal mapping, specular mapping and bloom lights
- Polygon-optimised model
- Friendly FPS
- Interactive virtual cockpit
- Full moving parts: Ailerons, elevators, rudders, flaps, rolling wheels and trim tab
- Animated items include: propeller, doors, windows, and sun visors
- Navigation lights, landing and taxi lights.
- 3D modelled pilots, cockpit area and passenger cabin area
- Separate switches for instruments lights and cabin light
- Toggle yoke.
- Real behaviour compared to the real aircraft
- Real weight and balance
- Includes the following documentation: VC Diagram PDF, Recommended Settings PDF
Another really cracking aircraft by Carenado, flys real good and looks just great well worth purchasing. - FlightSim.
Carenado is a household name in the flight sim industry. If you're bought flight sim payware add-ons before, you've likely heard of Carenado. Founded in 2001 by Fernando Herrera, Carenado has covered aircraft add-ons for FS98 right up to the brand new MSFS release of 2020. Carenado is based in Santiago, Chile, and has a team of developers, designers, and 3D modelers.
Known for the prop and turboprop models that they are famous for and have focused on, they also have small business jets in their add-on portfolio too. They have even developed a model for the Dassault Falcon 50EX - likely their largest.
They have received numerous awards and accolations in the flight sim community over the years. Their support team are always on-hand and responses are always answered in timely manner.
Rated 5.0/5.0 based on 2 customer reviews
5/5 Verified Purchase
Upon first flight everything went great. Autopilot works great and is user friendly.Good view out cocpit window. Flew high into swiss alps and upon approach to destination on final autopilot off this commander was great to handle all way down to apron. A great addition to anyones hanger.
5/5 Verified Purchase
This is one of the best small aircraft that I have purchased and flown. The detail is incredible and the sound is great. This plane is great to fly, very easy to handle and very smooth. Some of the small aircraft that I fly are jumpy and not so smooth, but this one is silk in the air.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.