Aero Commander 500S Shrike Commander HD Series for X-Plane1 reviews
For the best party of 35 years, the Aero Commander 500S family of aircraft were seen as royalty in the aviation world. They were produced from 1951 until 1986, and in that time the Aero Commander 500S Shrike Commander was also produced. As one of the most popular aircraft of its era, this powerhouse went down in history as one of the most important models produced by Aero. Read more...
- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- X-Plane 10.40 or higher and X-Plane 11
- File size
- 500 MB
Over the years, it served numerous groups and industries, serving as both a civilian and a military operator. It’s part of this reason why so many choose to work with the Aero Commander 500S Shrike Commander. Now, with this X-Plane add-on, you can make taking the skies a much more enjoyable experience.
Powered by the proper engines and with accurate dynamics, this flies very closely in relation to the real aircraft. A must-try for all flight enthusiasts who want to feel the power of the Aero Commander 500S Shrike Commander.
- Outstanding model using 4096 x 4096 textures for immersive detail, with 350pixels per meter textures used to help deliver the utmost detail.
- New and improved audio performance makes sure the visuals match up with the imagery. Sounds taken directly from the real aircraft itself.
- Easy to use and utilize 3D gauges help you to easily spot what you need to concentrate on as you fly.
- Fully operational 3D night lighting and reading lights provided, too, using numerous HDR lighting systems to help improve immersion.
- Performance friendly dynamic loading and unloading of all aircraft parts, using smart plugin logic for FPS management to help reduce performance drop-off.
- Customizable new panel for managing key features such as window transparency and using static elements such as turbine inlets and exhaust covers.
- Authentic flight behavior tailored to help match-up with the real standard of the flight. Increased attention to detail on weight and balance.
- Tested by real-life pilots of the 500S Shrike commander to ensure this flies with the same quality as the real aircraft.
- Fully working 500S Aero Commander autopilot system included, as well.
- A host of new HD liveries, including a new blank livery for your own adjustment.
- Various manuals to help you set up things like checklists, performance control and also how to best use the autopilot option offered.
- Improved new X-PlaneGNS530 included, too.
- New and improved multi-function scroll support and volumetric side-view prop effect.
- Recommended settings PDF guide also included for better management of performance.
Carenado is a household name in the flight sim industry. If you're bought flight sim payware add-ons before, you've likely heard of Carenado. Founded in 2001 by Fernando Herrera, Carenado has covered aircraft add-ons for FS98 right up to the brand new MSFS release of 2020. Carenado is based in Santiago, Chile, and has a team of developers, designers, and 3D modelers.
Known for the prop and turboprop models that they are famous for and have focused on, they also have small business jets in their add-on portfolio too. They have even developed a model for the Dassault Falcon 50EX - likely their largest.
They have received numerous awards and accolations in the flight sim community over the years. Their support team are always on-hand and responses are always answered in timely manner.
Rated 4.0/5.0 based on 1 customer reviews
Really nice plane. Flies very well and realistic. Awesome details. Two cons....(1) there is no second VOR head, (2) none of the view option buttons work. Other than that, I love it.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.