- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X & 2004
- File size
- 47.8 MB for FS2004 / 63.6 MB for FSX
AFS-Design have released some very successful models of military fighters, and they're continuing with the release of this amazing F-4F German fighter. Available as an immediate download for Flight Simulator X and 2004, this two-seater supersonic fighter is a very capable aircraft, easily handling long range flights and fighter bomber roles. With such a large list of impressive features, it is clear that AFS-Design have put a lot of work and care into this package and it really pays off.
With more than a dozen different repaints, most of which come with individual ID codes, you have plenty options to refine your F-4F to your tastes. Painted with real acting dirt and scuff marks, these can be thought of as battle scars, acting as reminders of all of your past operations; fantastic for role-players that want to create a back story or service history for their F-4F.
A lot of the features in this package are adjustable, so you can tailor your experience to suit your mood. For instance, sometimes you might want to fly with your interactive wingman staying close in formation and sometimes you might want to take to the skies on a solo mission. Or you may want to switch it up and cycle between the two different views available in the virtual cockpit, either the pilot view or the view of the weapons system officer. However you choose to customize your experience, there are plenty of features that you'll be able to enjoy regardless of the settings you choose.
The interior virtual cockpit has an increased resolution to better accommodate new 3D elements. All switches and controls, from the pedals to the control stick, are shown in 3D. Paired with realistic cockpit lighting that helps make the cockpit an environment better suited to enjoyable flights and allowing for full immersion.
Special effects like reflective surfaces help the aircraft feel like a part of the simulated environment. While others, like the afterburner effect, aid in making the F-4F's speed of over 2,000km/h feel both authentic and absolutely awesome. This F-4F is a great example of what AFS-Design are capable of; they'vedelivered yet another package the marries strong visuals with a challenging and joyful flight experience.
Following on from AFS-Design's stunning range of military fighter aircraft comes this stunning F-4F Phantom II package for FSX & FS2004. This package comes full of great features that you can expect from a top quality payware add-on.
- Aircraft ID variable identifiers
- Interactive fly wingman
- Interactive engine - new sound effects
- Individual adjustment of animations
- Paintings with real acting dirt and scuff marks
- Detailed descriptions of cutaways
- MAN truck with tow bar - Enable / Disable
- Ladder - Enable / Disable
- Parabrake - Enable / Disable
- Wingman - Enable / Disable
- Air refueling nozzle open / close
- Tail hook extend and retract
- Start vehicle for engine-start
Full 3D virtual cockpit:
- Increased resolution and new 3D elements
- All switches and controls are shown in 3D
- New 3D e.g. details gauges, visor, pedals, legroom, ejection seat, control stick
- External model with interactive flying wingmen
- New 2D Panel
- Interactive virtual cockpit (3D) with two different views
- 1. view of the pilot
- 2. view of the weapons system officer or flight instructor
The McDonnell F-4F Phantom II is a two-seater and supersonic fighter capable of long range, all-weather fighter-bomber capabilities as well. It is located in the Federal Republic of Germany still in service.
The F-4F was modernized between 1991 and 1996 with a Hughes APG-65 radar and the ability to use the AIM-120 AMRAAM missile. Have also been installed including the following systems: Honeywell H-423 navigation system, GEC Avionics CPU-143 / A digital computer, Mil Std 1553R digital data bus and a Litton ALR-68 (V) -2 radar detectors. The machines were at the JG 71, 73 and 74 introduced. The JG 73 "Steinhoff" was is made between 2004 and 2006 and the JG 74 to the end of 2008 converted to the euro fighter, which replaces the now obsolete phantom. The decommissioning of the JG 71 "Richthofen" is planned for late 2012.
Other Product - Features:
- Animations: tail hook, parabrake, chassis, canoby, ladder, radom, wingman, MAN truck vehicle
- Lights: formation, strobe, beacon, navigation and landing
- Engine control switch: 2 starters, 2 fuel closed switches, masterswitch, electricalswitch
- Effects: afterburner, cockpit lighting, reflective surfaces, mirrors
- Cockpit control panel and virtual cockpit for the pilot, weapons system officer and flight instructor
- Input of all dial-up access, as frequencies, transponder code, or autopilot
- Windscreen visor
- Gauge e.g. attitude ads, engine control, IFR navigation, AI traffic radar
- Switch e.g. OMI lights, animations, radar control, engine control, trim
- Operating units e.g. Autopilot, Map Gauge
- AI Traffic Radar for pilot and weapons system officer with joystick control
- German Armed with individual ATC - ID, you can enter a unique ID code.
- ID idents from 00 + 00 until 99 + 99
Germany Bundeswehr with individual ID code:
- JG 71 "Richthofen"
- JG 71 "Richthofen" special livery Germany
- JG 72 "Westfalen"
- JG 72 "Westfalen" special livery Hopsten (in Germany)
- JG 73 "Steinhoff"
- JG 73 "Steinhoff" special livery 50 years of JG 73
- JG 73 "Steinhoff" old paint
- JG 74
- WTD 61 in Manching
- WTD 61 in Manching special livery 50 years of flight testing
Other air forces:
- Royal Air Force (RAF)
- Texture for Repainting