Boeing 747-8 for FSX & FS20041 reviews
The Boeing 747-8 is an absolutely huge passenger aircraft, capable of seating over 400. But even an aircraft of this size is no match for the hardworking AFS-Design team, who have created a phenomenal model of this impressive aircraft, available as an immediate download for both Flight Simulator X and 2004. This Airbus competitor certainly has a lot going for it, and that fact, is mirrored perfectly with this download package. Read more...
- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X & 2004
- File size
- 37 MB for FS2004 - 63 MB for FSX
A detailed exterior model, coupled with 1024 x 1024 resolution textures, create a fantastic portrayal of the Boeing 747-8 that belongs up there with the best of them. The textures feature specular shine, night lighting and alpha technology so that in all circumstances, you'll witness realistic reactions to light from the aircraft lights and environmental light sources, as well as authentic material reflections. This holds true for all of the included big name liveries, of which there are eight, including Lufthansa and British Airways. Numerous animations like flaps, slats, spoilers, and animated landing gear round out the visuals on the exterior and add more depth and realism to an already great model.
The internal model is just as detailed as the exterior, including the fully functioning virtual cockpit. Immersing yourself in the cockpit is incredibly easy in the Boeing 747-8; with about 100 real deposited switches in the upper panel, 'Seat-belt' and 'No smoking' signs accompanied by acoustic sounds and five multifunction displays, there is so much to keep you locked into the experience, and no bugs or missing details to break you out of it. Trim and engine thrust level control, a radio display with transponder and a Flight Management Computer with 15 different menus, are all housed in the center console. Not to mention a HUD that keeps important information easily readable, from an artificial horizon to velocity and much, much more.
If you're in the market for a new passenger jet, why not make it one of the best in the business? This package has everything you need for back to back hours of escapism with strong realism thrown in for good measure. With this Boeing 747-8, AFS-Design have created an aircraft that is both a challenge and tremendous fun to fly.
AFS-design brings a excellent rendition of Boeing 747-8
The introduction of the Airbus competitor with its new double story large aircraft (above 400 seats) Airbus A380, Boeing came under pressure in 2004 and reached a more advanced concept 747-400 back and was as a competitor to the Airbus A380 747 Advanced advertised. On 14 November 2005, officially launched the project under the name of 747-8.
The 747-8 is further increased compared to the 747-400. It will close the capacity gap between Boeing 777 and Airbus A340 and the Airbus A380.
The increase in capacity is achieved by the extension of the trunk, which the Boeing 747-8 with 76.30 meters is the longest passenger aircraft in the world and thus replaces the Airbus A340-600 (75.36 meters).
It will be built (InterContinental = I) is a cargo variant called 747-8F (F = Freighter) variant and a passenger named 747-8I. Both versions have revised aerodynamic wing with modern wing tips, flaps and improved gapless Krueger flaps. In addition, the fuselage and wings in the new lighter and more corrosion-resistant aluminum alloys are installed. In addition, the cockpit has been developed, whose design is based on the cockpit of the 787th
The most important technological innovation, the 787 adopted by the Boeing jet engines from General Electric GEnx dar. These have a double-digit percentage lower fuel consumption compared to the 747-400 and the noise emission is reduced by 30%.
All models have a fully functional cockpit:
- Five multi-function displays
- Center console with FMC, radio display with transponder, trim and engine thrust lever control
- Yoke with controllable switches
- Upper panel with about 100 real deposited switches
- "Seatbelt" and "No Smoking" sign with acoustic sound
- Autopilot features: ILS, FD, ALT, VS, HDG, NAV, speed, Mach, Loc, autothrottle / Master, QNH
- HUD - Display: artificial horizon, velocity, G, Mach, TAS, IAS, compass, QNH, height, pitch
- 2D panel in the resolution 1280x720 px / 3D panel with 1024x1024 px textures
FMC ( Flight Managment Computer ):
- 15 differents menus
- Gauge of miscellaneous flightparameter
- Use of flightplan
- Calculation of courses analogical wind, highlevel and aerodrome of destination
- Follow of waypoints
- Course gauge and autopilot control
- All models are for the Microsoft Flight Simulator FS2004 and FSX
- Detailed external and internal model including Virtual Cockpit
- Animations in the external model: flaps, slats, spoilers, three cabin doors and two hatches, animate gear
- Extensive lighting effects of windows and exterior lighting
- Exterior lighting: Beacon-, Strobes-, Nav-, Landing- and Taxi- Lights
- Virtual Cockpit: panel light, window reflections, highly detailed, including avionics for radio navigation
- Panel with FMC ( Flight Managment Computer ) and GPS ( Global Positioning System )
- Engine thrust reverser including animation and realistic flight dynamics
- All models with ATC-ID sign in the cockpit and exterior models.
- New textures (1024*1024) with specular shine, night lighting and Alpha technology
- Gangway stairs and Logo Light
The Boeings 747-8 are equipped with a variety of liveries:
- Industrie house
- Korean Air
- Qantas Airways
- British Airways
- United Airlines
- UPS Airlines
- Blank Texture for Repainting
About AFS-DesignView all products/add-ons by AFS-Design.
Rated 1.0/5.0 based on 1 customer reviews
absolute crap cockpit nowhere near acurate who would buy this
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.