Cessna 182 Skylane II RG for FSX2 reviews
Compatibility: Microsoft Flight Simulator X
C182 Skylane II RG
DEVELOPED ONLY FOR FSX. SUPPORTS SP2, ACCELERATION PACK and DX10.
New FSX features:
- external dynamic shadows
- internal dynamic shadows on VC
- normal mapping
- specular mapping and bloom lights
- IFR certification
- Four different paints with maximum details and realistic textures
- Interactive virtual cockpit
- Full moving parts: Ailerons, elevators, rudders, flaps, retracting gears, rolling wheels
- Rolling Wheels
- Opening doors
- Opening pilot's window
- Navigation lights, beacons, landing lights
- Transparent windows
- 3D modeled pilot and cockpit area
- Real Propeller
- Many details as: pitot pressure chamber,antennas, chocks, pitot tube cover... etc.
- Realistic textures old MFS scheme and original paint design
- Custom panel and gauges
- Realistic light effects on gauges
- Nightlight effects on panel
- Full checklist and reference text about the Flight Dynamics
- Realistic performance based on documents and experimented pilot observations...and our own experience on real flight and MSFS.
- Similar behavior compared to the real airplane.
- Real weight and balance.
- 1 and 2 persons on board
Rated 5.0/5.0 based on 2 customer reviews
Carenado consistently produce top quality add-ons that pay special attention to the small details that make a big difference. So it's no surprise, that their Cessna 182 Skylane II RG is no exception. Available as an immediate download, this particular add-on is only compatible with Microsoft Flight Simulator X, but supports SP2, Acceleration and DX10. As a result, Carenado have been able to push FSX to its limit and utilize everything that the software can provide, including functionality that other software may not have supported.
With a total of four different liveries to choose from, each boasting the same high level of detail and realism, you will be spoiled for choice. The exterior of the this Skylane really comes to life when you add the various texture maps, bloom lights and dynamic shadows; these effects help the aircraft to feel connected to the scenery around it. Numerous animations and moving parts are in place that give the aircraft additional depth and assist in bringing up the level of realism. Carenado have also taken the time to add details like a pitot tube cover and antenna.
Loaded with a host of nifty features, like real propeller effects, accurate beacons, landing and navigation lights, you might find that you spend a lot of time using the external view points. But the 3D modeled and interactive virtual cockpit is just as detailed as the rest of the aircraft, with a completely custom panel and custom gauges. Both of which feature lighting and special night light effects that make the cockpit incredibly atmospheric, especially when flying at night.
Carenado have taken special care to make sure the flight dynamics are as true-to-life as they can be, by referencing original documentation, as well as pilot observations and their own experience. If you want to get into the details of it all, Carenado have included reference text about the flight dynamics, alongside a the usual checklist documentation.
When you put all the elements together, the carefully crafted model, the great visuals and the accurate performance, what you are left with is a very faithful representation of the Skylane II's real life counterpart, that offers a fun and authentic flight experience you can keep coming back to.
5/5 Verified Purchase
After purchasing the Cessna 182 Skylane II RG, I wasn't sure if I would be pleased. After taking a short flight I was more than pleased. Incredible to say the least. Carenado not only pays attention to detail but to the flight charteristic of the aircraft. If you are looking for a Cessna 182 Skyland II RG, I highly recommend Carenado.