"Jet Simming" 21st Century Flight Sim Manual e-Book1 reviews
The latest flight sim training manual and book from TopSkills (Bill Stack) covers large jets and heavies. The book explains and demonstrates the correct way to fly them as pilots do in the real world. Simulate the largest, heaviest, and fastest aircraft the way real-world pilots fly their real jets. Read more...
- Stand Alone (PDF Document)
- File size
- 5.6 MB
- Page Count
Enjoy the satisfaction of truly realistic jet simulations with the same procedures used by professional jet pilots.
- Learn what expert jet pilots know.
- Use actual jet procedures and methods like real jet pilots.
- Plan and prepare your flights properly.
- Perform all flight phases correctly and properly
Simulate Flight Realistically Modern Jet Aircraft
Learn the unique qualities and requirements of each of these popular jets:
- Cessna Citation CJ4
- Cessna Citation Longitude
- Airbus A320 Neo
- Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner
- Boeing 747-8i Intercontinental
Know Jet Flight Fundamentals
- Understanding N1, N2, ITT, and EGT
- Working with engine spooling
- Performing universal pilot tasks
- Selecting the correct cruising altitudes
- Using V-speeds for jets
- Programming flight-management systems
- Relying on autopilots
- And much more
Plan and Prepare Your Flights Like a Professional
- Choosing which jets to simulate, airports to use, and routes to take
- Selecting waypoints and cruising altitudes
- Estimating fuel needs properly
- Balancing fuel and passenger weight correctly
- Using external power, APUs, and batteries
- Preparing your flight deck
- And more
Know and Fly Popular Jet Aircraft
Each of the six jets is separately explained in dedicated chapters.
- Knowing your flight decks
- Knowing your jet’s physical and performance characteristics
- Using step-by-step procedures for each jet
- Perform all flight phases like a professional
- Pushing back
- Taking off
- Climbing out
- Shutting down
Use Flight Management Systems
- Create and file complete flight plans with waypoints and cruising altitudes.
- Enter communication and navigation frequencies.
- Read relevant aircraft and flight data.
- Add departure and approach procedures.
- Use vertical speed, VNAV, and FLC.
- Let your FMS guide your flight throughout.
- Or fly the aircraft yourself as you wish.
Understand Relevant Abbreviations
Abbreviations used in the book are clearly and concisely defined in a separate appendix.
Easy to Read and Follow
Organized and formatted for quick and easy use.
- Every chapter is dedicated to a specific topic for speedy comprehension and reference.
- Each chapter is identified by number and title in headers with page numbers so you always know where you are in the book.
- All descriptions and explanations are clear and straightforward for home simulation enthusiasts.
- Complicated concepts are described in straightforward English.
- Facts are logically presented for thorough understanding.
- The book tells “what it is,” “what it does,” and “how to use it.”
- Aeronautical terms are plainly defined for clear understanding.
Easy to Use
- Bulleted lists and breakouts facilitate comprehension and learning.
- Custom-made graphics convey principles easily.
- Structured tables lay out detailed technical data.
- Step-by-step procedures are numbered for easy following.
- Screen grabs from the simulator assist with comprehension.
- Simplified line drawings help with clarity.
- Diagrams were made especially for this manual.
- Precise labels enable quick and easy reference.
- Exercises facilitate skill development.
Reliable Facts and Methods
- The real-world source material was used wherever practical.
- Images are taken directly from MSFS 2020.
- Everything is independently verified for accuracy and edited for correctness.
Read a few pages here to see the book’s merits and quality for yourself.
A special Jet V-Speed card is included as a free bonus. Common V-Speeds used in jet flights are defined by speed on one side and alphabetically on the other.
Focus and Limits
Jet Simming 21st Century describes and explains the use of civilian jet aircraft represented in home flight-simulation programs. Microsoft Flight Simulator™ 2020 is used because it is popular. Aviation principles and methods can be applied to other aircraft in other simulators.
Aircraft specifications are provided as appropriate and applicable. Comprehensive and detailed specifications are outside the scope. Cross-country navigation and instrument flights are described in other manuals.
This manual is for home flight simulation only. It is based on real aviation principles and procedures so home flight-simulation enthusiasts can maximize their enjoyment. Because some aspects of home flight simulation games are not exactly like real-world aviation, some information in this book is not exactly like real-world flight. Use for real-world aviation is not appropriate or authorized.
Use Your Time Productively
Don’t lose valuable flight simming opportunities by searching the internet for flimsy freebies. Most are worth their cost.
Ftldave says it best:
“YouTube is hit or miss. Sometimes there's great, informative content, other times the videos are useless and unintelligible. How much time do you want to spend searching for the former, how much time to waste with the latter? As is often said about open software, the same is true for this: It's free if your time has no value to you.”
Flight simmers have trusted, benefitted, and enjoyed my instructional books since 1997.
A lot of time and effort has been invested by me and others toward making a quality product that is useful to people. Any book with physical defects will be replaced at no cost. If you can show that the content of Jet Simming 21st Century is not as described, your money will be refunded. If you find facts that you believe are in error, please let me know so I can evaluate them. – Bill Stack, Author
TopSkills publishes tutorial videos and self-instructional books to help home flight-simulation enthusiasts maximize enjoyment of their hobby by applying real-world aviation principles and techniques.
The business was formed in 1987 by Bill Stack as a management-consulting practice. Between 1987 and 2012, Bill consulted to government and private-sector auditing organizations including inspectors general and internal auditors.
Rated 5.0/5.0 based on 1 customer reviews
5/5 Verified Purchase
Sir Thanks a lot for your -book, it was very useful with good explanation and easy to understand , specially for the new simmer,and I recommanded it to my friend simmers. Thanks a lot to the writers
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.