Flight-Sim Pilot's Information Manual e-Book
Enhance Your Simulations With Real Aviation Knowledge with the Flight Sim Pilot’s Information Manual, a comprehensive source of basic pilot knowledge. Read more...
- Stand Alone (PDF Document)
- File size
- 3.4 MB
- Air Traffic Control
- Weather services
- Flight rules
- And more
Know About Airports
- Movement areas
- Holding areas
Markings, Signs, and Lights
- Runway markings
- Runway signs
- Runway lights
- Touchdown zones
- Hold bars
- Taxiway markings
- Taxiway signs
- Taxiway lights
- Apron markings
- Approach lighting
- Lead-in lights
- End lights
- Slope lights
- Flight levels
Air Traffic Control
- Ground control
- Clearance delivery
- Common frequency
- En route
- Phonetic code
- Government weather services
- ATIS, ASOS, AWOS
- Pre-flight briefings
- En-flight updates
- Air pressure
- Pressure altitude
- Cloud types
- Wind types and variations
- General, visual, instrument
- Visual minimums
- Visual requirements
- Instrument meteorological
- Instrument requirements
- Weather briefings
- Flight plans
- Imperial to metric
- Metric to imperial
Abbreviations and Acronyms
Commonly used in flight simulations
Easy to Read and Follow
- Organized and formatted for quick and easy use.
- Every chapter is dedicated to a specific topic for speedy comprehension and reference.
- Each chapter is identified by number and title in headers with page numbers so you always know where you are in the book.
- All descriptions and explanations are clear and straightforward for home-simulation enthusiasts.
- Complicated concepts are described in straightforward English.
- Facts are logically presented for thorough understanding.
- The book tells “what it is,” “what it does,” and “how to use it.”
- Aeronautical terms are plainly defined for clear understanding.
Easy to Use
- Bulleted lists and breakouts facilitate comprehension and learning.
- Custom made graphics convey principles easily.
- Structured tables lay out detailed technical data.
- Step-by-step procedures are numbered for easy following.
- Screen grabs from the simulator assist with comprehension.
- Simplified line drawings help with clarity.
- Diagrams were made especially for this manual.
- Precise labels enable quick and easy reference.
- Exercises facilitate skill development.
Reliable Facts and Methods
- Real-world source material was used wherever practical.
- Images are taken directly from the simulator.
- Everything is independently verified for accuracy and edited for correctness.
- Researched rigorously
- Edited methodically
- Proofread meticulously
- Referenced precisely
- Produced skillfully
- Common PDF format can be used by all home flight simmers.
- The book is 214 pages from cover to cover.
- The ZIP archive file is 2.46 megabytes.
My standard V-Speed card is included as a free bonus. Common V-Speeds are defined by speed on one side and alphabetically on the other.
Focus and Limits
Flight-Sim Pilots’ Information Manual describes and explains fundamental aviation knowledge that simulation pilots need for true realism. It applies to all aircraft, airports, airspaces, and simulators. It does not describe any particular airport, aircraft, airspace, or simulator.
This manual is for home flight simulation only. It is based on real aviation principles and procedures so home flight-simulation enthusiasts can maximize their enjoyment. Because some aspects of home flight-simulation games are not exactly like real-world aviation, some information in this book is not exactly like real-world flight. Use for real-world aviation is not appropriate or authorized.
Use Your Time Productively
Don’t lose valuable flight-simming opportunities searching the internet for flimsy freebies. Most are worth their cost. Ftldave says it best:
“YouTube is hit or miss. Sometimes there's great, informative content, other times the videos are useless and unintelligible. How much time do you want to spend searching for the former, how much time to waste with the latter? As is often said about open software, the same is true for this: It's free if your time has no value to you.”
Flight simmers have trusted, benefitted, and enjoyed my instructional books since 1997.
A lot of time and effort has been invested by me and others toward making a quality product that is useful to people. Any book with physical defects will be replaced at no cost. If you can show that the content of Flight-Sim Pilots’ Information Manual is not as described, your money will be refunded. If you find facts that you believe are in error, please let me know so I can evaluate them. – Bill Stack, Author
TopSkills publishes tutorial videos and self-instructional books to help home flight-simulation enthusiasts maximize enjoyment of their hobby by applying real-world aviation principles and techniques.
The business was formed in 1987 by Bill Stack as a management-consulting practice. Between 1987 and 2012, Bill consulted to government and private-sector auditing organizations including inspectors general and internal auditors.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.