Sound Pack Compatibility Note: This sound pack will work with any aircraft model, both freeware or payware in FSX and P3D.
- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition and Prepar3D (all versions including v4)
- File size
- 43 MB
Immersion is everything in simulation, and this F-16 PW soundpack looks to build upon that immersion. The aim is to try and provide the F-16 with the kind of sounds that it should have access to. Fully suited to FSX and P3D, this add-on provides a much-needed freshness to the aircraft, providing various new sounds. From the canopy sounds to gear sounds, flew sounds and even new stall sounds, the aircraft now reacts to the situations taking place so much better.
This also makes use of directional sounds, with 3D sound panning helping to really solidify the atmosphere in the cockpit. Now, when you’re in the F-16 Fighting Falcon cockpit, you should be able to correlate the sound with the performance. This multi-purpose fighter jet played a huge role in various US Air Force combat missions over the years.
Part of the reason why it has served over 20 nations with such distinction comes down to the engine. Now, the engine within the aircraft will make sure that it produces the right sounds at the correct moment. With over 4,000 of these built since the ’70s, there’s ample reason why it’s such a popular aircraft. Now, you can help to really add to the immersion of the whole experience.
This impressive dogfighter is an aircraft which often calls upon the pilot to have razor-sharp reactions. The new sounded added in will make sure that you are much closer to being able to react to the sound as much as the visuals. For a new take on a popular aircraft that perhaps is lacking in authenticity, this adds a satisfying touch to the overall audio experience.
If you are looking for a way to really make your time at the helm of an F-16 feel just right, start here.
- Uses FSX’ sound panning feature to help make sure that the sound is always directional. This helps to know what you heard and also appreciate where the sound came from.
- Takes on the full sounds and actions of this multi-purpose combat fighter. Sounds make it sound like an aircraft building the 1970s, without sounding outdated.
- New updated afterburner sounds allow you to really feel as well as hear the kick of the thrusters boot into action. A really good way to help feel the atmosphere of the F-16.
- Added new canopy sounds help to make it much more immersive, too. This helps to really add to the overall freshness of the experience, adding to the atmosphere.
- New gears and flap sounds are added, too. These help to add a whole new level of immersion into the sound.
- The frameless, bubble canopy has an accurate reflection of the sounds that you would hear within this kind of cockpit. Great for added realism and immersion.
- Fresh new stalling sounds also add to the whole experience, helping you to know when you are perhaps asking a little bit too much of the Falcon in flight!