- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D (all versions including v4)
- File size
- 965 MB
For fans of the DC-8 series of aircraft, this collection gives you access to some of the most popular in the series.
With impressive classic features from re-coed autopilot to a totally bespoke fuel system, this adds more than new models and sounds.
For those who want to enjoy a much more immersive experience aboard the popular DC-8 series, this is almost certainly the place to start.
Ever since their first light in 1958, the DC-8 has been a mainstay within commercial jetliner aviation. They are, even today, among the most popular and respected aircraft of both present and previous generations.
This package ensures you get a true-to-form take on each of the DC-8 aircraft included. Delivering a much more authentic aircraft simulation with dynamics and features true to form, this creates an immediately easy to explore take on a very popular range of aircraft.
Complete with new dynamics, designs, and features, this makes flying the DC-8 family of aircraft even more immersive and enjoyable than before.
- Impressive modeling and texturing including specular and bump mapping allows for a more professional and impressive model detail across all models.
- The majority of systems within each aircraft are functional and animated to deliver upon your command, including numerous features unique to the DC-8.
- Many new animations for everything from moving wing slats to main-gear bogies allows for a more alive, realistic approach to the DC-8 series.
- Several key features of a classic jetliner make the grade including pre-flight flags and wheel chocks, as well as sower-powered entry stairs.
- Virtual cockpit designed to deliver all of the features that you would need in a DC-8 aircraft, including flight instruments tailored to be as realistic as possible.
- Fully operational cockpit controls, with hundreds of newly animated levers, knobs, and cockpit control working – many with 3D gauges.
- Pick from three forms of cockpits, from the 50, 60 and 70 series respectively, to help find the modernity that you wish in the pilot seat.
- Working Engineer and Navigator panels with operational systems.
- Avionics systems working in full, allowing for autopilot, NAV, ILS, VOR and ADF functionality.
- Smart camera positioning throughout each aircraft allows for easy visibility of all key features within the cockpit.
- Recreation of genuine fault generation and detection, allowing for numerous unintended problems to take place during flights.
- Fully working fuel storage and delivery systems for all aircraft, explained in the provided manual
- Authentic flight dynamics managed to help ensure that each DC-8 aircraft flies true to itself.
- Tested by crews with real-world expertise aboard DC-8 aircraft, allowing for greater accuracy in how all systems are handled and operated.
One part of this new add-on is a series of liveries for each of the aircraft added. As part of your journey through the 50 to 70 series, you’ll get to fly popular liveries for each aircraft, including:
- DC-8-53. Aeronaves de Mexico (XA-SID), Air New Zealand (ZK-NZF) and United Airlines (N8065U).
- DC-8-55 Jet Trader. Air Canada Cargo (C-FTJP), Iberia (EC-BMV) and KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Cargo (PH-DCZ)
- DC-8-61. Japan Airlines (JA8043) and Nationair (C-GMXB).
- DC-8-62. Rich International Airways (N1805) and Swissair (HB-IDL).
- DC-8-63. Icelandair (TF-FLV), Sterling Airways (OY-SBK) and Worldways Canada (C-FCPS).
- DC-8-63 CF. ONA Overseas National Airways (N8635) and Trans International Airways (N4863T).
- DC-8-73 F. DHL (DHL Airways) (N805DH).
- DC-8-73 CF. Air Transport International – ATI (N604BX), Lufthansa Cargo (D-ADUE) and United Parcel Service – UPS (N814UP).
- DC-8-EC-24A. United States Navy (163050).
You will also receive a full paint kit for Adobe Photoshop, which you can use to create your own livery designs. On top of the new liveries, you will also receive:
- A fully operational take on each DC-8 aircraft, with fully working sounds for the Pratt and Whitney JT engines used in each model from 50-60.
- All 70 series models use the CFM 56 turbofan engines as in real life, and they carry unique sound effects as well.
- Impressive now special effects included, including noticeable smoke trails and thrust smoke. This includes the new fuel dump facility, too.
- A comprehensive manual for anyone looking for help in using their DC-8 aircraft.