- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X Steam Edition Only
- File size
- 34 MB
The Boeing B-47 was the first swept-wing multi-engine bomber in service with the USAF. It was truly a quantum leap in aviation history, and is the forerunner of every jet aircraft in service today. As early as 1943, Boeing engineers had envisaged a jet bomber, but were unable to overcome issues with the straight wings of the day. However, Boeing aero-engineer George Schairer was in Germany and came across some secret wind-tunnel data on swept-wing jet airplanes. He sent the information back to the United States, where engineers then used the Boeing High-Speed Wind Tunnel to develop the XB-47, which featured swept-back wings. The B-47 broke a number of records and proved to be a great strategic deterrent during the Cold War era. The B-47E is an advanced version of the original XB-47, with much more powerful J-47 engines. A grand total of 2,032 of these aircraft were built, with the last one rolling out in 1956.
*** For FSX STEAM EDITION only ***
- ONE model and ONE livery.
- native FSX model includes bump-mapping, self-shadowing & reflective bloom.
- high-detail reflective bare-metal texture set (.psd source files provided for repainters)
- water injection thick black smoke effect on take-off (white on RATO model (DLC))
- detailed virtual cockpit with animations (stick, pedals, levers) - rear cockpit included
- many mousable switches in V-C (lights, starters, shutdowns etc)
- detailed and authentic 2D panel, xml gauges, fully mousable, with custom pop-ups for AP and radios
- pop-up Fuel Panel included, based on real B-47 fuel management panel. Gauges and switches work
- authentic flight model with checklist
- illustrated reference file with explanations of the various functions
- animated canopy and crew entry with ladder (shift-e)
- animated bomb bay doors and deflectors (uses spoiler command)
- simulated B-47 soundset included
*** B-47E Stratojet DLC (optional extra purchase) ***
The DLC adds two extra B-47E versions, one with aux. tanks, and with RATO bottles.
Each version has a unique flight model, longer range with the former and extra-rapid climb rate with the latter. Realistic white smoke effects are included with the RATO version.