- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X Steam Edition Only
- File size
- 34 MB
As an innovator and a trailblazer, the Boeing B-47E Stratojet sits proudly among aviation history. It’s a well-respected aircraft and served the United States Air Force with much distinction back in the day. it was a major jump forward in both military and civilian aviation history and paved the way for the development of tools like jet airliners across time.
By the end of the Second World War, Boeing already had its eye on a jet bomber – straight wing technology of the 1940s, though, was not up to standard. It was not until George Schairer came across some old-school wind-tunnel data on swept-wing jet aircraft in Germany that the idea for the Boeing B-47E Stratojet started to truly come to fruition. Before long, the XB-47 arrived and was a major hit during the Cold War. Even better still, though, is the Boeing B-47E Stratojet – an advanced take on the XB-47.
With over 2,000 of these aircraft built by 1956, they played a key role in aviation in many ways. First built as nuclear-capable bombers to combat the Soviet Union, it was soon used for everything from non-nuclear bombing to reconnaissance and much more.
Now, FSX: Steam Edition users can take the Boeing B-47E Stratojet out to sky with them whenever they wish.
- Impressive use of FSX native features, including reflective blooms, self-shadowing and bump mapping to create the best visual effects.
- New reflective bare metal textures are used to help make sure that the metal produces an authentic image.
- Impressive virtual cockpit complete with new animations for sticks, pedals, and levers.
- Key animation changes included including a new water injection of thick black smoke when taking off.
- New functions include impressive 2D panels and virtual cockpit panels, with impressive mouse clickable actions making it easy to control the aircraft as you wish.
- Pop-up fuel panel included, based on the real Boeing B-47E Stratojet fuel management system.
- Authentic flight model comes complete with a checklist to help you take off with precision.
- New canopy and crew entry animations included, as well as new animated bomb bay doors and deflectors.
- A whole new set of bespoke sounds are also included, creating an immersive soundset that really makes the aircraft look, feel and sound unique.
For those who are interested, a Boeing B-47E Stratojet DLC exists which adds a new pair of models. One model carries the auxiliary tanks, improving range, while the other ads RATO bottles, including climb rate and adding on new whit smoke effects. Please note that these two models are sold separately.