A320 Jetliner for FSX2 reviews Was:
- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X
- File size
- 208.1 MB
This highly detailed add-on for Microsoft Flight Simulator X by Just Flight, accurately portrays the A320 as the proud, first member of the family, launched in 1984. The distinctive wing-tip fences of this short-to-medium ranged commercial passenger airliner, will make it stand out from the default collection. Moreover, customised flight dynamics help replicate the feel of this aircraft, including the reduction of aerodynamic drag that the wing-tips provide. The download package contains both CFM56 and V2500 engine sound sets.
All the animations you would expect to see are present, from engine fans to passenger and cargo doors, as well as extending landing lights and realistic thrust reverser animations. Combined with special effects, particularly the fire and sparks from the rear underbelly that occur when you over-rotate, all come together to deliver an impressive visual experience.
This add-on comes with a great set of bump maps to give a more realistic 3D feeling to the whopping 4 authentic, high-resolution livery sets, ranging from British Airways to United Airlines, giving you even more choice when flying the A320. All the repaints offer a high level of detail without compromising frame rates. The added specular maps create realistic lighting effects on the aircraft, so you can admire the hard work your GPU is doing when taking to the air using any of the multiple viewpoints, which includes a wing-view that allows you see the wings from the interior of the aircraft.
If a Virtual Cockpit is more your thing, Just Flight have built one with mouse-clickable operations, overhead, throttle quadrant and radio stack panels, so you can really sink into the experience of piloting this multi-national jetliner. The A320 family pioneered the use of digital fly-by-wire flight control systems, as well as side-stick controls, in a commercial aircraft, which Just Flight took into consideration with the custom-coded flight management guidance system. That, combined with the custom-coded Multi-purpose Control Display Unit (MCDU) that has been built to assist with functionality, demonstrates how much work has been put into this add-on. The MCDU features cockpit navigator pages, check-list pages and allows you to load and activate pre-made FSX flight plans, without having to leave the cockpit.
The A320 is Europe’s answer to the American-built 737 and has been highly successful on short- to medium-length routes, with over 4,500 in worldwide service or on order since the aircraft first entered service in 1988.
Designed and built exclusively for Flight Simulator X the A320 Jetliner is part of the much acclaimed and user-friendly Just Flight F-Lite series.
Developed in-house by Just Flight’s expert designers, A320 Jetliner features accurate and detailed exterior and virtual cockpit modelling, a custom-programmed MCDU (Multifunction Control Display Unit), CFM56 and IAE V2500 engine models with high quality sound sets for both engine types, and 20 international airline liveries.
- Developed exclusively for Flight Simulator X
- Highly detailed A320 model with distinctive wing-tip fences
- High quality interactive 3D Virtual Cockpit
- Custom-coded MCDU (Multifunction Control Display Unit)
- Four high-resolution liveries
- Accurate animations
- High quality sound sets for both CFM56 and IAE V2500 engines with sound cones
- Option for showing the wings from the interior view (wingview)
- Specular map to give realistic light effect on aircraft
- A great set of bump maps to give a more realistic 3D feeling to the livery sets
- Multiple viewpoints
- Comprehensive manual including flight tutorial - German manual also available to download from the Support section
Panel and VC features
- Custom built Virtual Cockpit with mouse-clickable operations
- Overhead, Throttle Quadrant and Radio Stack panels
- Custom-coded Flight Management guidance system
MCDU (Multipurpose Control Display Unit)
The A320 Jetliner features a custom-coded MCDU) to assist you with functionality that many pilots find lacking on the default FSX A321 aircraft.
- Flight Plan pages - load and activate pre-made FSX flight plans without having to leave the cockpit, track the route, get an overview of distances and arrival times to the next waypoint en route and your destination
- Modify your route and save it
- Cockpit Navigator pages - easily switch panels (open/hide) via the MCDU
- Checklist pages - access the A320 checklists and work from them with MCDU help, showing you matches/mismatches between required checklist items and current aircraft settings. Only when all aircraft settings match the checklist requirements will the checklist will be completed and closed.
- Aircraft/ flight status page, showing date/time, coordinates and some general aircraft information at a glance (flaps status, gear status, fuel status, lights etc.)
- The MCDU can hold two flight plans - an active flight plan and a standby flight plan. You can load a flight plan direct as the active flight plan (for immediate use) or you can load it as a standby flight plan and set it as active later. You can have an active and a standby flight plan loaded at the same time, so you have an alternate route in case you need to change plans. With both flight plans you can add and remove waypoints.
- Passenger and cargo doors
- Passenger doors linked to FSX airport Jetway animations
- Realistic thrust reverser animation
- Engine fans
- Rotating wheels
- Nosewheel steering.
- Extending landing lights
- Fully animated control surfaces: flaps, rudder, elevators, spoilers, leading edge slats and spoilerons
- Engine start smoke
- Touchdown tyre smoke effects
- Fire/sparks from the rear underbelly when you over-rotate
- Red anti-collision beacon
- White flashing wingtip strobe lights
- Coloured wing tip and tail navigation lights
- Cockpit light
- Tail logo light
- Passenger windows lighting
- Landing lights that illuminate the runway
- Highly detailed texture mapping without compromising frame rates
- FSX DX10 preview compatible
- Layered paint kit included to help create your own liveries (suitable additional paint program such as Photoshop required)
- Bump mapping
- Specular maps
- Night maps
- Custom designed flight dynamics for FSX - all fuel and weight stations based on actual A320 references.
High fidelity sound sets
- CFM56 engines sound set
- V2500 engine sound set
- Uses the default FSX payload and fuel editor for ease of use and reliability
- Uses the default FSX flight planner and Navigation Log for accurate flight/fuel planning
- Use of the SIDs and STARs in the Flight Simulator database
- Radio and Navigation frequency entry
- V-speed calculation
- 'Direct to' waypoint features
- Progress display
- Estimated fuel on board, and more
Four authentic international airline liveries are included:
- Air France
- British Airways
- United Airlines
Additional livery packs
Four additional livery packs, each containing eight liveries, are available to purchase to expand the A320 Jetliner fleet.
Expansion pack 1 (8 liveries)
- Air Canada
- China Eastern Airlines
- JetBlue Airways
- Mexicana de Aviacion
- TAP Portugal
- US Airways
Expansion pack 2 (8 liveries)
- All Nippon Airways (ANA)
- Aer Lingus
- Delta Air Lines
- Indian Airlines
- Jetstar Airways
- Vueling Airlines
- Wizz Air
Expansion pack 3 (8 liveries)
- Air Arabia
- IndiGo Airlines
- Kingfisher Airlines
- Sichuan Airlines
- Swiss International Air Lines
- China Southern Airlines
Expansion pack 4 (8 liveries)
- Aegean Airlines
- Air Berlin
- LAN Airlines
- Philippine Airlines
- TACA International Airlines
- Turkish Airlines
- Virgin America
The developer has modeled the A320-200 which is the only A320 variant available. There are 20 liveries included along with a paint kit. The liveries run the gamut of operators across the world, from Air Asia to Virgin America. There is something for everyone. The boxed version comes with a 68 page manual of pilots operating instructions. These consist of how to install the jet, a pretty comprehensive manual of the FMS, key commands, and a tutorial flight.
A walk around of the aircraft shows the time that Just Flight has poured into their A320. The aerodynamic lines of the baby 'bus look almost exactly like its real world counterpart. There are numerous animations, the usual ailerons, rudder, gear, speed brakes, and so on. - FlightSim
Rated 4.5/5.0 based on 2 customer reviews
I bought this product and i loved it that much i just had to buy all the add-on liveries,another beatiful aircraft from " justflight " , the add-ons are at a very reasonable price on the justflight.com web-site,you have to keep your eyes peeled on the site as they have offers at reduced prices and you gain points to use towards your next purchases, use your points and it reduces the cost even further, if you use them wisely you will be even happier . I love justflight so much now i advise all my friends to pay the site a visit constantly for justflights latest products...check it out you`ll be glad you did... A318/A319 products also available..
4/5 Verified Purchase
Good add-on, worthed to purchase. And nice to fly, friendly to land and take-off. 2D cockpit to be upgrade to be more photo-realistic