Samos Scenery for FSX/P3D
Samos is the island airport with the most notorious landing approaches in Greece. It involves pure "stick n' rudder" demanding hand-type of flying in between mountains, without navigation instruments guidance, moderate or higher turbulence due to terrain, the FIR border just on the airport's pattern, and tight turns short before lining up for the last stage of the final approach to land. Read more...
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D including v3/v4/v5
- File size
- 700 MB
"I have operated for years into some really demanding airports such as Gibraltar, Innsbruck, Madeira, La Palma. But Samos approaches are still at the top of my list as the most challenging and exciting!" - Giorgio La Pira, A380 Pilot (formerly A320 Examiner)
These are only a few of the reasons why 29Palms Scenery Design has decided that this challenging and interesting airport would be the perfect addition to our Greek island series following Mykonos and Skiathos. This scenery depicts every aspect of its real counterpart in great detail using the latest techniques of flight simulation development. Are you ready to test your piloting skills? Let the journey begin!
- Highly detailed rendition of Samos International Airport "Aristarchos of Samos" (SMI / LGSM)
- 90km² coverage with high resolution satellite imagery (0.5m / px)
- Extensive landclass and vector upgrades for Samos, neighboring islands, and the Turkish coast.
- All important landmarks and highly detailed approaches based on feedback from real-world pilots.
- Realistic shadow rendition on all 3D objects and ground by "texture baking"
- Realistic rendition of light sources on all 3D objects and ground by "baked lighting"
- Performant 3D-night lighting
- High-resolution day and night textures (2048px²)
- Hand-crafted 2m terrain mesh
- Complete reconstruction of the airport's lighting equipment
- Various animations (people ramp and landside, birds, boats, ships, apron vehicles, cars, flags, windsocks)
- SpeedTrees for Prepar3D v3
- Sound effects (sound of the sea, seagulls, cars)
- New scenery configurator for optimal performance and automatic updates
- Compatible with all known add-ons (see scenery documentation for details)
Aerosoft has been in the flight sim business since 1991 - true veterans of flight simulation software and providing add-ons for flight simulator users and virtual pilots.
Based in Germany, they have a true appreciation of attention to detail in flight sim quality. They have published many hit titles in the flight sim world over the years and they are known globally in the flight sim community.
Aerosoft publishes many titles from smaller flight sim names bringing their add-ons and creations to fruition and putting them in front of the masses.
Aerosoft is always at the forefront of the latest flight simulator technology and their customer after-sale support is second to none.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.