- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X & Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D
- File size
- 138 MB
If you're looking for a truly classic aircraft to add to your virtual hangar, look no further than Just Flight's brilliant rendition of the Sopwith Pup. Available as an immediate download for Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D, this British fighter aircraft can be your little piece of Great War history. As a single seater, biplane fighter, boasting maneuverability and a flight style that was easy to master, the Sopwith Pup found successful service in both the Royal Flying Corps and the Royal Navy Air Service, as of 1916.
The exterior model is very well detailed, with everything down to the wing ribs crafted very well. Not only that, but you get a fully 3D pilot as well, whose scarf flaps around in the wind. It's a welcome addition, as flying an open cockpit aircraft with no pilot can quickly snap you back to reality; Just Flight understand that immersion is very important and do everything they can to ensure that nothing detracts from your experience.
A collection of liveries containing both RFC and RNAS colors give you some visual options before take-off. The textures are slightly baked to help create the illusion of a long history, rather than having that 'fresh of the line' look. For Photoshop users, a full layered PSD file is included for you to use to design and create your own liveries and personalize your experience further.
A host of custom features help blur the line between reality and simulation. From specular maps and bump maps that affect the surface of the aircraft, making it seem palpable compared to what standard textures can deliver. A smoke effect that billows out behind you in straight line flight. As well custom engine sounds that includes a realistic blipping effect. From inside the cockpit you can customize your aircrafts weapon loadout; cycle between weapons like rockets and a moveable Lewis machine gun, or extras like optical sights.
Just Flight have bought this rare bird back to the life by introducing it to our favorite simulators, and it was worth saving; the Sopwith Pup has undeniable charm and character. With a shallow learning curve, cool weapons and effects it can certainly find a home in many virtual hangars.
The Sopwith Pup is a classic single-seat biplane fighter aircraft built by the Sopwith Aviation Company. It entered service with the Royal Flying Corps and the Royal Naval Air Service in late 1916, the second year of the Great War, and with its amicable flying style and good manoeuvrability, the aircraft was very successful. Eventually the Pup was outclassed by newer German fighters, but it was in use on the Western Front until the end the end of 1917. The remaining aircraft were relegated to Home Defence and training unit use.
All the aircraft feature authentic sounds (including blipping engine ignition sound effects) and flight models along with 3D modelled wing ribs, custom smoke effects (castor oil exhaust!) and even the pilot's scarf flaps in the wind! You can customise your aircraft on the fly with the in-cockpit configuration tool (click on the map bag to display and hide) which provides various options such as a Lewis gun, Aldis optical sight and Le Prieur rockets (not all options are available on all aircraft).
The included liveries are typical and authentic of a time when high colour and very individual design were the order of the day!
- B1768 “D” 66 Squadron RFC flown by Lt J.W. Boumphrey.
- B2162 “N” 66 Squadron RFC flown by 2Lt. W. A. Pritt at Estree-Blanche, France, from July to September 1917
- B2167 “L” 66 Squadron RFC pilot 2Lt. W.C. Heathcote
- N6184 “JUDY L.” No.3 Squadron RNAS
- A6156 “SO” 54 Squadron RFC Capt. Oliver M. Stewart at Flez, France, in May 1917
- A6158 3rd Naval Squadron, pilot Flight sub Lt W. R. Walker, May 1917
- Realistic Flight model created by Bernt Stolle
- FSX and Prepar3d compatible
- Custom specular and bump maps
- 3D propeller blur
- DX10 compatible
- Fully layered PSD paint kit for Photoshop Users
- Detailed 3D model
- Highly detailed pilot model
- Baked textures
- 3D gauges
- 3D modelled wing ribs
- Custom engine sounds
- Custom smoke effects
- Custom camera positions
- Custom EzDok camera files
- Real Vickers machine gun sound
- Custom machine gun effects
- Realistic engine blipping effect
- Animated pilot's scarf (wind speed based)
- Customise your aircraft on the fly with the in-cockpit configuration tool (click on the map bag to display and hide) which provides various options such as a Lewis gun. Aldis optical sight and Le Prieur rockets (not all options are available on all aircraft)
- Movable Lewis machine guns
- Three highly detailed engines
- Realistic glass material
- PDF User manual included with operations and flying guide